• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My undergrad was comp sci and I was told I don't qualify for crypto?

jpham79

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Quota has been filled for Crypto !?!?!?!?!?! DAMMIT ! I was going to apply this week too !!!!! CRAP !!!! This was my last year to do it too !!!! FRICKIN CRAP ! #$@%&*&%$#@#$ !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I am applying for a commission now, and I wanted to put as my second choice crypto. However, I was told today by the recruiter he didn't think I qualified for crypto. My undergrad was comp sci and I have 10 years of linux experience as well as various programming languages and other technical computer knowledge.

Is he correct? I thought crypto was similar to IT?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Quota has been filled for Crypto !?!?!?!?!?! DAMMIT ! I was going to apply this week too !!!!! CRAP !!!! This was my last year to do it too !!!! FRICKIN CRAP ! #$@%&*&%$#@#$ !!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you just man up and take a URL slot? :D

Brett

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Brett
No sh!t.

manup.jpg

titusmcgrifth

Brett

Maybe I don't understand, but what difference does it make whether you take the RL vs the URL slot? I mean, they are all part of the team effort in the end. Think about it: if Bill Gates or Steve Urkel signed up, would you want them as your SWOs and NFOs/NAs, or in Supp-O or Intel or Crypto?

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Think about it: if Bill Gates or Steve Urkel signed up, would you want them as your SWOs and NFOs/NAs, or in Supp-O or Intel or Crypto?
That's a silly question. Bill Gates is a multibillionaire and Steve Urkel is a character played by an actor. Geez. Neither one would sign up.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe I don't understand, but what difference does it make whether you take the RL vs the URL slot? I mean, they are all part of the team effort in the end. Think about it: if Bill Gates or Steve Urkel signed up, would you want them as your SWOs and NFOs/NAs, or in Supp-O or Intel or Crypto?

Either way you look at it, the nerds/social misfits almost always end up filling the Intel/IW billets which just makes them easier targets for JO hijinks.

Brett

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Either way you look at it, the nerds/social misfits almost always end up filling the Intel/IW billets which just makes them easier targets for JO hijinks.

Brett
You've obviously never seen any large group of SWO's together (as in, a 100 or more). Let's just say it's like night and day between SWO land and aviator land. Except for me of course. I'm damn good looking. :D