• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naps.

thull

A) you must be sleepy

B) you must have some free time, from like 20 minutes to an hour, or even more.

redcatcher81

Naps

There are no admission requirements for admision to NAPS. You must be accepted to USNA and that acceptance may direct you to NAPS if the admissions dept. determines that a year of academics will prepare you to compete scholastically with the class that you enter with. Plebe year is not the time to play catch up with your academics. In addition, there is military training to orient you to the military. NAPS attendees are primarily recruited from high school sports teams to participate in academy varsity sports and prior service enlisted that have been out of the academic environment long enough to have affected their study habits.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Apply to USNA, and if they deem fit, they'll send you there. Its as simple as that.

To build on that, I don't think you can apply directly to NAPS, only to USNA or USCGA and if they think you need the extra year then the admissions folks offer NAPS to you.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
As a side note,

If you're really sweating getting an appointment to USNA (Your stats are a little on the low side) you can let the admissions staff in Leahy Hall know that you would like to be considered for NAPS if you dont get in direct. This may get you looked over to go to NAPS when you otherwise would be just plain turned down for USNA.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
You must be accepted to USNA and that acceptance may direct you to NAPS if the admissions dept. determines that a year of academics will prepare you to compete scholastically with the class that you enter with.

You are not accepted to USNA when you go to NAPS. After making a 2.0 or higher at NAPS you will get an appointment/accepted to the USNA.

HarveyBirdman

Okay, So whats the Speed of Dark?
K great info guys. thanks

I dont think ill apply to the academy just because I know the answer, though it would be sorta funny if I framed my rejection for when I become an officer on a different path.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
As a side note,

If you're really sweating getting an appointment to USNA (Your stats are a little on the low side) you can let the admissions staff in Leahy Hall know that you would like to be considered for NAPS if you dont get in direct. This may get you looked over to go to NAPS when you otherwise would be just plain turned down for USNA.

Or don't rule out a Foundation Year. I sent USNA a letter saying I'd do just about anything to get in and why I would succeed here, and like 2 weeks later I got a Foundation offer. Go figure.

HarveyBirdman

Or don't rule out a Foundation Year. I sent USNA a letter saying I'd do just about anything to get in and why I would succeed here, and like 2 weeks later I got a Foundation offer. Go figure.
Hmm, Its so tempting to just apply anyway..
I don't know ...with my stats it would be a total joke.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
You are not accepted to USNA when you go to NAPS. After making a 2.0 or higher at NAPS you will get an appointment/accepted to the USNA.

Yes and no. Its officially "Accepted contingent on successful completion of the NAPS syllabus".

And you don't have to get a 2.0 to go to USNA out of NAPS. You have to have a 2.0 to graduate, but they do take some NAPSters that finish with less than a 2.0. My class, you just had to be smarter than the dumbest football player they took.

@Harvey: Fekin'ell man, if you even have the slightest inkling that you think you might want to go to the Academy, apply bro. You'd be suprised... you just may get in.

I'll give it to you this way: Rutgers Univ and UCLA denied me, but USNA sent me to NAPS. Go figure. Who from NJ gets turned down by Rutgers? You see my point?

Bubba

HarveyBirdman

Yes and no. Its officially "Accepted contingent on successful completion of the NAPS syllabus".

And you don't have to get a 2.0 to go to USNA out of NAPS. You have to have a 2.0 to graduate, but they do take some NAPSters that finish with less than a 2.0. My class, you just had to be smarter than the dumbest football player they took.

@Harvey: Fekin'ell man, if you even have the slightest inkling that you think you might want to go to the Academy, apply bro. You'd be suprised... you just may get in.

I'll give it to you this way: Rutgers Univ and UCLA denied me, but USNA sent me to NAPS. Go figure. Who from NJ gets turned down by Rutgers? You see my point?

Bubba

Haha, thanks for the support bro, but I think Ill look into the Rotc..
Ill do well on that path..Im not your typical "Candidate" to say the least.

In the end Ill wear the same Uniform.:)