• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval aircraft inventory

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
Independent of whether the numbers are right or not, I think you guys are missing something. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the disignators, but the list Mules posted isn't talking about EA-6As. It's talking about E-6A Tacamo. No where on the list do I see "EA-6A," just EA-6B. But it's early, so I may be out of it.

No, that's what I was talking about. I didn't think we still flew the A model, thought it was all B model E-6s.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
heyjoe said:
Latest world from OPNAV is there will be 110"ish" P-8s and some of mission will be performed by whatever BAMS turns out to be if it can hold onto its funding.
Pick your day of the week, put up a dart board and start throwing, that number has been all over the place. Last 2 briefs I have seen have had it at considerably less, but I am not within the beltway, just out in theater :D Things change by the time they get out here!! Regardless, I won't see it, even if it does happen. I just don't see how the airframe is going to last that long, with all the missions we are still throwing at it.

USFpilot06

pilot
I'm suprised to only see 18 F/A18F model hornet, once again a year old, so could be more. I wouldn't be suprised if that jumped up with the 14s going out of service. What the lasted word on the SH60R? Whens the first squadron getting them?

Fre@kshow!!

Yes, I really was in the circus.
None
Fly Navy said:
I don't even think we fly E-6A anymore, I thought it was all E-6B now. Sure those numbers are accurate? The Rhino count seems really low. That wouldn't even support a RAG and a full squadron.

Another note... the EA-6A Intruder was the predecessor to the EA-6B. It was still a two seat platform before then, but a fat kid nonetheless... Google if you're interested.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fre@kshow!! said:
The E-6A Mercury (aka TACAMO) is a modified Boeing 707. Just google it to see what it does if you're really interested... Completely different than an EA-6B Prowler. The EA-6A Intruder was the predecessor to the EA-6B, only two seats, but still a fat kid... again Google if you're interested.

No no, I literally do mean the E-6B. I know what a TACAMO is (no offense to the TACAMO drivers, but that was the LAST thing I wanted to fly). The E-6B is an upgraded version complete with Battle Staff. What I'm saying is, I thought we upgraded all our TACAMO to E-6B, from the E-6A. Yeah, it is a modified 707 though, talk about instant airlines.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
USFpilot06 said:
I'm suprised to only see 18 F/A18F model hornet, once again a year old, so could be more. I wouldn't be suprised if that jumped up with the 14s going out of service. What the lasted word on the SH60R? Whens the first squadron getting them?

I think we established the data is old. As for the Romeo, the first one (or two) was delivered to HSL-41 a few weeks ago. Other than that, Pax River was the only place to see them (other than in Conneticut).

KBayDog

paddle562 said:
Out of curiosity, does anyone have the estimated number of Naval aircraft currently in service (i.e. how many F/18 C/D/E/F's S/H/H-60's, P-3's, E-6's, EA-6b's)? I did a google search (didn't help) and a search on this site (also didn't help).

Don't forget about us Orange-and-White Warriors from Milton...and points West.

We represent the largest fleet of Radial Interceptors in Milton...and points West.

No respect, I tell ya!
simpsons-rodney.jpg

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No mention of the war hoov? There is still 6 squadrons of Vikings flying. Talk about no respect!

KBayDog

HooverPilot said:
No mention of the war hoov? There is still 6 squadrons of Vikings flying. Talk about no respect!

The Hoover is no longer carried on the rolls of the Naval inventory because (as we've all seen many times before) they are now all privately funded:

futuremilitary.jpg

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Ok, I just got the new issue of the inventory. Here it is and the old one is below to compare. Im sure the numbers are still off.

F/A-18A 113
F/A-18B 36
F/A-18C 332
F/A-18D 54
F/A-18E 91
F/A-18F 104
MH-60S 64
SH-60B 160
SH-60F 73
HH-60H 24
SH-60R 9
P-3C 170
E-6A 15
EA-6B 87

Others that i will include
T-34C 273
T-45A 155 C>(shows none???)
TH-57B/C 23/85
T-6A 44
C-2 34

mules83 said:
According to the "World Military Aircraft Inventory" from Aviation Week and Space Technology, it goes as follows from what you asked:

(issue date of January 17, 2005, so numbers are a tad off)

F/A-18A 114
F/A-18B 36
F/A-18C 332
F/A-18D 54
F/A-18E 35
F/A-18F 18
MH-60S 58
SH-60B 160
SH-60F 73
HH-60H 24
P-3C 228
E-6A 15
EA-6B 119

a new issue of these numbers are coming out soon so i'll update it when i see it

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
mules83 said:
Others that i will include
T-34C 273
T-45A 155 C>(shows none???)
TH-57B/C 23/85
T-6A 44
C-2 34

What about E-2C's?? Back in March 03, there were 35 C02's :eek:

Prashant Patel

Hey thanks for the replies, gents. I'm coming up on selecting for advanced shortly and I was just curious as to what the rough make-up of our naval air inventory was made up of these days.