• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Chuck Norris does have bodyguards...he gets challenged to fights all the time.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
While he can beat the snot out of 8 guys at once in the movies, reality is not that way. If a large drunken group gangs up on you it can get pretty messy...the old art of Bar-fu

The only Navy commercial that I've seen lately (and its pretty old) is the one with the Godsmack tune in the background. Sweet commercial but it would be cool to see some more. Alot of those "we've been waiting for you..." Air Force commercials around here.

WannaBEaP3gal

You gotta love the navy commericials... either you get to be a Navy seal, a jet pilot, or you can be the guy on the deck of the aircraft carrier signaling the jets to take off. You might as well just hand everyone who comes in the recruiting office a copy of "Hot Shots"... cause it's a freakin' joke!

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
anyone ever see that saturday night live parody of the navy commercial?? Its from a while back, possibly the late 80s even. It showed the commercial with everyone doing all the crappy jobs like moping the deck and hanging over the side of the boat scrubbing it with a toothbrush...and it ended with something like "It's not just the navy. Its $2.15 an hour"

it was pretty funny

bigsur009

waiting not so patiently for OCS...
You mean you don't get to automatically fly jets, work on the deck of a carrier or be a SEAL? damm*t... guess I should have taken that into consideration before I swore in...ha

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
has anybody else seen this poster? still having trouble figuring it out. Got a handful of guys in camo, and it says "sometimes the best man for the job is a marine"

but at the bottom, it says "army of one"...

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
Slammer2 said:
anyone ever see that saturday night live parody of the navy commercial?? Its from a while back, possibly the late 80s even. It showed the commercial with everyone doing all the crappy jobs like moping the deck and hanging over the side of the boat scrubbing it with a toothbrush...and it ended with something like "It's not just the navy. Its $2.15 an hour"

it was pretty funny

That was a pretty funny skit. :D

airpirate25

Grape Ape...Grape Ape
I think the force structuring comment was golden. The Navy needs less, the Air Force needs nerds ( sorry guys ..he he), the Marines are always the Few the Proud, and still kick arse, the Army wants 18 yr old guys who can't wait to go over and behead Osama...well, ok...every now and then they take an old ex-Navy LT into the Guards...snicker. So far as the Tom Cruise thing, I knew one of the guys who flew the scenes and worked with "Mav" on his "image". As far as I know, he didn't insist on it, but requested it so as to preserve the honor of the uniform above the man who wore it. Sort of over-the-top, but at least his heart was in the right place. (I hear he got into the Bushido thing pretty heavy while doing TLS too)

thrillseeker121

I agree with VetteMuscle, those Marine commercials are sweet! I think they are more apealing than any other branch beause they are about being hard core. Not that any of the other one's are worthless, but there is something more elite about the Marines.

Status
Not open for further replies.