• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy CDR's deceased wife's rings stolen at hospital after auto accident

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Not to sound racist, but I pictured a grungy black person in my head as soon as I started reading that story. I guess living in Atlanta so long has trained my brain.
Please don't ever say/type/share in any way something like this again if you hope to have a career in the military (or just about any career).
By any metric, reading a story about some lowlife stealing something and then saying that you pictured a "grungy black person" is racist.
Period.

LivinMyDream

pilot
Please don't ever say/type/share in any way something like this again if you hope to have a career in the military (or just about any career).
By any metric, reading a story about some lowlife stealing something and then saying that you pictured a "grungy black person" is racist.
Period.

You beat my previous post by about half a minute. Good advice.

TopShot

BDCP SNA
Period.
I am by no means a racist at all. I work with people of several ethnicities and have great relationships with all of them. Everyone visualized some type of scumbag when they read that and I was just stating my observation. My apologies.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
I am by no means a racist at all. I work with people of several ethnicities and have great relationships with all of them. Everyone visualized some type of scumbag when they read that and I was just stating my observation. My apologies.

If you think of a "grungy black person" when you think of a scumbag social worker, you should really keep that to yourself, as it does come off racist. And the "it's ok I have black friends" argument doesn't work, either. I understand your point that it's more of the "grungy person" than the "black person" you were visualizing...but bringing race at all into it is just bad headwork.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Apology accepted. I don't know how you treat others or your true feelings. Please take my no-shit advice and don't bring up race while "stating" your observation (especially in a derogatory way), and life will be easier for you.

Enough of this thread jack. I saw this story on the news last night. Really tragic, as the CDR has a beautiful family; his wife was beautiful and he has two young boys who have to grow up without their mom. The reporter asked how the thief should be punished and the CDR basically said the state can decide that, and he was just happy he could get the rings so he and his sons could have something to remember his wife by.

Sad story, all around.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

You can't just be racist and tell us you have black friends...

You DO realize that there ARE *gasp* BLACK folks on these boards, right?

And as crazy as it sounds, there are black pilots in my squadron as well! Keep this nonesense to yourself.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
Wow, sad. What squadron is the Cdr in, I retired out of VR 46 in Hotlanta in 91.

I am not sure what his last squadron was but I do believe he is a NFO. I saw the video him talking to the press and I was like ... " I know that guy!" Then I check and old unit recall and he was on there. I never really did interact with him that much but he was in the Sixth Fleet Staff Det in Atlanta when I first reported aboard two years ago.

Redux

I am not sure what his last squadron was but I do believe he is a NFO. I saw the video him talking to the press and I was like ... " I know that guy!" Then I check and old unit recall and he was on there. I never really did interact with him that much but he was in the Sixth Fleet Staff Det in Atlanta when I first reported aboard two years ago.

I'm looking to move back in the area if and when I can sell this place.........Paulding County probably. LOTS of nice housing there for a song, looks like a lot of repo's. Is McPherson the nearest commissary?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack a serious thread.