• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy doing their part in support of Marines

Clux4

Banned
I'm glad to hear that those guys are getting the good stuff now. I know for certain that as late as the end of Aug 08 the guys in CLB-1 Security Company (at least the ones I know of pictured below) were still wearing bags on daily missions outside of the wire. Many of them were issued A4's instead of M4's as well even though their job required moving in and out of Humvees and MRAPS.

They also had several rows of new unissue MRAPs that stayed parked inside the wire for 2 or 3 months before they were used. On 2 May CLB-1 Security Co lost 4 KIA to a single IED. By 10 May the MRAPs were all issued.

I point this out to say that even though the Marine Corps pushes hard for uniformity sometime it just doesn't happen.

Anything newly introduced to the military takes phases. Since B-1 was on its way out, it did not make sense issuing FROGs to them. The A'4 and M'4 deal is an MLG issue. The grunts get fielded first and the combat service support guys are next. Some people hardly go out the wire so there is really no big deal.
The deal with the MRAP is this. They were waiting for the contractors to come down to get an upgrade done. There are soo many MRAP in country so upgrade and modification takes months. Depending on the severity, they might have to be deadlined.

MRAP rides a bumpy. Be on the look out, there is an MRAP dunker coming to a Marine Corps installation near you. :D