• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

    Go here:

    Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Navy Failed To Protect Aviators From Brain Trauma - NYT

I remember when we had actual flying demonstrators that competed for the JSF contract… maybe I’m just old and jaded, but that was a lot more concrete and interesting than whatever smoke and mirrors this is.

I'm trying to understand how the government awards a contract for something that doesn't exist. That really is bizarre.

I'm trying to think of another example. Even for simulators, they already existed, it was just a contract for someone to upgrade them.
 
I'm trying to understand how the government awards a contract for something that doesn't exist. That really is bizarre.

I'm trying to think of another example. Even for simulators, they already existed, it was just a contract for someone to upgrade them.

Thank you for understanding my point. 👍

"CCA" is another one- so many different and variable specs come out in the public eye that it's mind-boggling. As an industry insider, the mixed messages have frustrated attempts to understand & deliver what the USG wants. The short answer is USG doesn't know what it wants (aside from a Porsche at Kia prices). That theme of uncertainty has played out on numerous programs since I first joined the test community in 2012, including "successful" ones that were delivered.

That theme is a major part of why I moved on from government business- it's too fraught with strategic uncertainty and politics to be satisfying. There's a lot to unpack there, but real leadership seems sparse- everyone is just vying for position, like a bunch of kids at a middle school dance.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top