• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Helo Down, all hands safe.

MasterBates

As much as the dunker sucks, it can save your life. So don't cheat.

Even jet guys.. If you are having a bad day, punch, then get picked up, you may ride in a helo as well..

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The female PAO used to be an S-3 FO in my airwing....small world.

Thank goodness they made it out and were quickly picked up.

-ea6bflyr

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
One of my good friends was on the P-3 helping with the SAR.

It really is great how everybody drops everything and goes balls to the walls to help out their shipmates. I might make disparaging remarks about jet guys or helo guys (or boat schoolers) but I know if I go down that they will stop at nothing to search for my crew and me (well, at least my crew) and I'd certainly do the same (unless it is Brett, 'cause he peed on my lawn).

All kidding aside, it sucks we lost X$$$ in aircraft but the irreplaceable aircrew are safe - I call that a good day.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
All I kept thinking about reading this article was the dunker. Good stuff. The training may be death-by-ppt at times, but it WORKS if you put 100% effort into it. Glad they all got out.:)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The training may be death-by-ppt at times, but it WORKS if you put 100% effort into it. Glad they all got out.:)

Huh? Except for maybe 30-45 minutes of classroom time at the beginning, the course is taught almost completely in the pool.