• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Officer Q & A

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
probably. it's best to not even try to match their capabilities, at this point. would just be throwing good lines of code after bad.

do you think people can use a search function on myspace better than they can on AW?

Do you miss my being fecetious?

Airyk17

RIGHT! Why didn't we (ahem, Steve and John) think of that??? What good are we they we never considered doing that and what about Marine officers, too? They're part of Naval Aviation and many wondering souls want to know which is better suited for them, or what commissioning path or what it's like for a woman. Gee, we could even have some token Air Force guys to handle questions related to Big Blue. And some Army aviators....but MySPace and Facbook is probably already thinking about all that and making it happen.

As i'm reading this there is a facebook add at the bottom of the page for a quiz to "see what branch of the military you fit into best"! Good thing there is a quiz to tell me what to do so I don't have to go through all the work of actually learning about the different services before I pick one to serve the next four years (at least) of my life with.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As i'm reading this there is a facebook add at the bottom of the page for a quiz to "see what branch of the military you fit into best"! Good thing there is a quiz to tell me what to do so I don't have to go through all the work of actually learning about the different services before I pick one to serve the next four years (at least) of my life with.

Brilliant! Saves sooo much time and searching and you can blame facebook when you end up in wrong service in wrong job. But, don't worry about that. Make sure you include your astrological sign! Critical to being in harmony with your future service!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot

Also, if you go OCS...don't forget a Circadian Rhythm print out along with your package. It helps with aircraft selection.

http://www.lighttherapy.com/apps/circ_assess_survey.html

...The head of my specific college at OU was a B-52 Squadron CO at Minot circa early 80's?! and he said that sometime in the 70's the Air Force actually no shit...tested the validity of Circadian Rhythms, and if yours was "off" for that day..or it indicated your SA to be low..you weren't on the sked. :eek: /Thread jack

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RIGHT! Why didn't we (ahem, Steve and John) think of that??? What good are we they we never considered doing that and what about Marine officers, too? They're part of Naval Aviation and many wondering souls want to know which is better suited for them, or what commissioning path or what it's like for a woman. Gee, we could even have some token Air Force guys to handle questions related to Big Blue. And some Army aviators....but MySPace and Facbook is probably already thinking about all that and making it happen.

Wow, the Coast Guard gets no love from HJ!

exhelodrvr

pilot
and if yours was "off" for that day..or it indicated your SA to be low..you weren't on the sked. :eek: /Thread jack

Of course, if that happened on deployment, you would automatically stay up all night watching movies. Which did wonders for your Circadian rhythms the next day!