• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy uniforms

mike172

GO NAVY
So theres the flight suit, and the whites, and that blue one, and the tan one.... As you can see my knollege is lacking. Can anyone give some info on what the diferent uniforms are called, and what ocasion calls for what uniform. I can't decide who has sweeter uniforms Navy or Marines....

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
USMC Mess Dress is a $1000+ uniform. Talking to a MAJ in my command, it is not stocked but made to order.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
I'm a huge fan of Tropical Utilities, complete with shorts, knee-high black socks, and pith helmet.

By the way, these two Petty Officers look like a pair of absolute retards. Is this the best we can find for our Official Uniform Regs?

-Paul

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 192
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 154

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
Cordespc said:
I'm a huge fan of Tropical Utilities, complete with shorts, knee-high black socks, and pith helmet.

By the way, these two Petty Officers look like a pair of absolute retards. Is this the best we can find for our Official Uniform Regs?

-Paul

Nice... almost as good as a mailman.

(no offense to any postal workers - I can do without being shot right now)

larbear

FOSx1000
pilot
Does anyone know where to get a set of aviation working greens? I couldn't find any online places that have them.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Enlisted Navy working uniforms are by far the worst of any service. On the plus side I could take off my ESWS and "US Navy" patches and walk right into jiffy lube and not need to buy new clothing. Of course if I decided to kill anyone on the way to the new job that wouldn't require a new wardrobe either....

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does anyone know where to get a set of aviation working greens? I couldn't find any online places that have them.

They are a special order item from NEX. You have to call their customer service line. They take FOREVER to show up. They are EXPENSIVE. Better check if your command is going to allow you to wear them (not all do) and see if they'll still be authorized for wear after Task Force Uniform's changes kick in.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
From http://www.news.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=15565

The Navy Working Uniform is being designed to take the place of utilities, wash khaki, coveralls, woodland green, aviation green, winter working blue and tropical working uniforms. The normal wear life is designed to last up to 18 months, compared to the current wear life of six months for the working uniform.

Looks like they're on their way out. Too bad, the greens are a sharp looking uniform, though impractical. They have the same public wear requirements as wash khakis or utilities. An ATCS at my first command used to wear them a lot in the winter time, I can't say I've seen them much since.

Cheers,
Paul

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Yep, you really want to find if your command authorizes these. If you are the only guy wearing these, you will be "that guy." We had a LCDR that wore them (the only guy in the squadron who owned them) and he was dubbed many a new call sign....one being "Major" as he looked like a USMC Major (yes, very clever).