• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy vs. TCU flyover

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I can't pull up the video due to Non-Mission Capable Internet, but I'm willing to be that it's the flyover I'm thinking of. If it is, I was in the stands that day, and the guy was wicked low. ESPN used it as the opening clip on Sportscenter for two days afterwards because it they had a camera looking down on the aircraft from the upper level of the stadium. I think that I read later on that the guy almost got a flight violation because of it as well, but I could be mistaken.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can't pull up the video due to Non-Mission Capable Internet, but I'm willing to be that it's the flyover I'm thinking of. If it is, I was in the stands that day, and the guy was wicked low. ESPN used it as the opening clip on Sportscenter for two days afterwards because it they had a camera looking down on the aircraft from the upper level of the stadium. I think that I read later on that the guy almost got a flight violation because of it as well, but I could be mistaken.
If it's real, that's some wicked shity videography skilz. Sounds like the announcer says, "Let's welcome Major Michael Moore." Anyone know him?

Yessir

Hooker
pilot
Its real. I was there on the field. I could feel the heat when he kicked it into burner and my uniform reaked of jet fuel til I got it dry cleaned

MSkinsATC

pilot
I thought I heard about this guy getting in a bit of trouble for that...I think the story went the FAA and command were waiting when he got back...just what I remember hearing, it was a while back so dont hold me to it!

htj

Final Select SNA -- January 5 OCS
I'd say the video is real... Here's another clip, but with professional photgraphy involved...

I'm pretty sure I was at this one -- the 2006 Academy graduation. My buddy was graduating and now he's off finishing up SEAL training in Alaska... silly guy... doesn't he know all the cool people go for flight

htj <-- awaiting SNA final selection