• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy vs. TCU flyover

MasterBates

While only the CNO can violate a Naval Aviator, sometimes the power is delegated down to the DH level..

Oh wait, you meant FLIGHT Violation..

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
How often does the opportunity to do fly overs present itself and how do you get selected to do them? Is it a voluntary thing?

midhusker

Discovering my inner nerd-ness
I was on the field that day as well. Turns out I did an aviation cruise the following summer with his squadron of which he was the XO. He did not get in any trouble, just a little "talking" to. He said he was scared he wasn't going to make it out of the stadium so he plugged in the burners. Can't do stuff like that anymore unfortunately. He is an awesome dude. He is the one who made my mind up for me that I wanted to fly jets after I graduated.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Only if the Navy gives them the pilot's name. The usually won't unless they agree to the violation.
This is why you don't give them the PIC's name when filing over the phone with a civilian FSS. Got a good brief on this back in Primary from the guy who is the civil/military liason at the FAA. He joked that his callsign was "Shitscreen." The point was, this agreement keeps a wayward aviator from getting punished more than once. In other words, his military career may take a hit but his future or current (for reservists) civilian one won't.

MasterBates

Also, this is why you NEVER give out pilots names if someone calls and asks.. Can't tell you how many time people wanted a pilots name "so they could put it in the paper"... Riiiiight..

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Except that with alot of the fly overs at Navy they announce the pilot's name and his class if he is an alumn. Not always, but alot of them. The pilots would also come over to the stadium after the fly over alot of times.