• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ned (Check Six) In Pensacola and Orange Beach

Check Six

Just a quick heads up to any members here who might be stationed at Pensacola or Hurlburt Field. I am in Orange Beach, AL for the next week for an offshore powerboat race for one of my mags, but would love to have a look at anything at Hurlburt or Pensacola if its possible.

My US Apple Iphone is (949) 500 9894 so send me an sms or a PM here.

Cheers

Ned

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Wait, offshore powerboat race? Mags? I've always been into powerboats and racing, when would the race be and what time? Also, how does one get involved in this sport?

Check Six

The races are from the 16th thru the 29th. Website is at:

http://www.thunderonthegulf.com

There should be about 60 raceboats there so certainly worth the visit. If anyone wants to come and watch the races let me know and will see if I can get some extra passes.

Ned

P.S. HAL Pilot - I only use it when here in the US and seems good so far. Primarily use it for text messaging.

GroundPounder

Couldn't resist the hype huh? Is it really worth the price?

I thought the same thing, but after seeing a friends last weekend I plan on getting one. It is the first thing that I've ever seen that worked in real life exactly as the commercial shows. I plan on getting one as soon as the next generation is released.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wait, offshore powerboat race? Mags? I've always been into powerboats and racing, when would the race be and what time? Also, how does one get involved in this sport?

Calling Brett1, calling Brett1! (see his posts)

Brett1

Banned
Ahh, you want race offshore powerboats........ well, the best way to simulate offshore racing is this: Have 2 of your biggest buddies stand on either side of you and beat you with 10lb bags of potatoes while another buddy sprays you down with salt water all while you are tearing up $100 bills from your savings as fast as you can for 1 hour straight. No joke. And if you are lucky you wont get killed doing this. Its a very dangerous sport with little to no earning potential. I raced Factory 2, Super V, Outlaw 2 and 3.

brett3ov8.jpg

start1aoq6.jpg

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Couldn't resist the hype huh? Is it really worth the price?

Absolutely. It does everything I want in a phone and the interface is easy to use. Truth be told, I wasn't a smart phone user until now. Maybe I've been missing out.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Ahh, you want race offshore powerboats........ well, the best way to simulate offshore racing is this: Have 2 of your biggest buddies stand on either side of you and beat you with 10lb bags of potatoes while another buddy sprays you down with salt water all while you are tearing up $100 bills from your savings as fast as you can for 1 hour straight. No joke. And if you are lucky you wont get killed doing this. Its a very dangerous sport with little to no earning potential. I raced Factory 2, Super V, Outlaw 2 and 3.

Sounds great, where do I sign up? Seriously, I'd still like to do it. Also, I noticed you race motorcycles. Are you drag racing only or do you do road courses too? If you can't tell, if it has a motor and moves, I want to race it.