• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

needsomeanswers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotbarbie

If anyone can help, PLEASE SPEAK UP!
I'm an OCS grad. currently in Primary. My fiancee is not even a citizen.
Is there any way to get him naturalized so he can enter OCS designated as a 1395 student naval aviator. He's always wanted to be in the US Navy and he has been here legally for 5+ years under a student visa. Please ask your friends. We're desperate to get this process started.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
1395 is SNA
1375 is SNFO
1310 is NA (augmented)
1320 is NFO (augmented)
1300 is Gen Av, not a designator you want

manny7_99

If he enlist he may be able to expedite his citizenship. That of course if he's not already qualify to apply, I think 5 years is enough. Good Luck!
where is he from?(just curious) I am in the mood for a romantic story :D

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
It is very hard to get citizenship from a student a visa, I would recommend that he also try to apply for a "green card" that way he can at least work and stay here in the US indefinitely. Furthermore, going from a green card to becoming a citizen is easier, then by passing that step. Applying for citizenship in some ways is like applying to become a Naval officer-you have to indicate how you can be valuable to the US.

Of course you can also just get married, that way he can apply right away :) (excluding that he is not from a list of countries with special circumstances)

One more piece of advice, if he can afford it, find a good immigration attorney, and I mean find a good one, it can definitely speed up the process. BTW I speak from experience here, so if you have any questions let me know.

manny7_99

I'm sorry, I didn't read the "under a student visa part." Now, that is gonna be a *****! the only solution is getting married hun. And it will be at least a couple years before he receives regular citizenship status, although he could probably enlist after a few months of getting married if the INS confirms the marriage and gives him some sort of legal status. We are in a time of war and enlisted people in active duty are elegible for naturalization under an executive order. Hope it helps and good luck!
Manny

P.S. as I ask before, where is he from? this time it will actually be relevant. Also listen to 04hopeful, good post.

Fred

Of course if he enlists they will have to break up since officer/enlisted relationships are forbidden.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
It's hard to be discreet if your command knows that you're married, but never sees your spouse at functions. Also, the Navy will work with military couples to station them together. Trying to work duty stations for a pilot and an AT3 because you're married? That's going to be tricky.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
Fred said:
Of course if he enlists they will have to break up since officer/enlisted relationships are forbidden.
If they marry before he enlists that is considered a pre-existing relationship and not applicable to the normal rules concerning fratinization. I would be weary of helping anyone become a citizen or find a quick loophole. When you met did he know you were heading down this path? And what country is he from, and have you met his family in person, religious background and world political beliefs are some of the things I would ask. Any ways the background investigation for your security clearance might become a pain in the arse if you are married to a non-citizen. I know someone who had this problem.

Fred

manny7_99 said:
not necessarily, just be discreet

You may want to read this. Fraternizaton could easily be a career ender. No way to hide who your spouse is from the military.

The Navy's policies on fraternization are contained in OPNAV Instruction 5370.2B, Navy Fraternization Policy.

Policy. Personal relationships between officer and enlisted members that are unduly familiar and that do not respect differences in rank and grade are prohibited, and violate long-standing custom and tradition of the naval service.

Conduct, which constitutes fraternization, is not excused or mitigated by a subsequent marriage between the offending parties.

manny7_99

hmm

towbubba said:
If they marry before he enlists that is considered a pre-existing relationship and not applicable to the normal rules concerning fratinization. I would be weary of helping anyone become a citizen or find a quick loophole. When you met did he know you were heading down this path? And what country is he from, and have you met his family in person, religious background and world political beliefs are some of the things I would ask. Any ways the background investigation for your security clearance might become a pain in the arse if you are married to a non-citizen. I know someone who had this problem.

I was actually meaning something along these lines since they are already married. However, good thing to keep in mind. Does it apply to other branches? (Marine enlisted marrying navy officer, or army or AF, or whatever, jsut curious)

manny7_99

Omg!

Integer said:
Your respect for law is just repulsory. Also, no, they are not married. A fiance is just engaged to be married.

Please Integer why do you do this? I have tried to be nice to you, even though I think you are a freaking idiot. If you have any further comments about me, or regarding my posts feel free to contact me personally or PM. Otherwise shut your whiny ass up.

~Manny
Pre-ready to beat the crap out of you if I only had the chance.

P.S. Also thank you for your knowledge, I am sure most people didn't know what a "fiance" means. He is not enlisted, they could marry with no problems and THEN he could enlist...Obviously it would be a pre-existing relationship. God! How smart are you?

manny7_99

by the way

manny7_99 said:
I was actually meaning something along these lines since they are already married. However, good thing to keep in mind. Does it apply to other branches? (Marine enlisted marrying navy officer, or army or AF, or whatever, jsut curious)

When I said they are, I was establishing the fact that they would already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.