• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nellis AFB "Petting Zoo"

B

Blutonski816

Yesterday, I was able to go to Nellis AFB wiht my friend and his dad, a former intel officer, now working as a contractor. Aside from the tour of the O-club and the Thunderbird's museum (where we'd missed meeting the pilots by 15 minutes after a practice hop), we also got to visit the "Petting Zoo" where enemy equipment can be seen firsthand.

100_0342.jpg

Aside from that, I got to sit in a MiG-23 and a MiG-29
100_0344.jpg

Fulcrum.jpg

100_0346.jpg

100_0348.jpg

100_0349.jpg

Fun time...
and of course, after seeing the MiGs, on the way out, we saw where everyone left their Zaps...
100_0353.jpg

Anyone see themselves there??

Well, I just felt like sharing.
Enjoy!!

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
That top picture is also where they took the fighter pilots on the IMAX movie "Red Flag" ... I'm a nerd, but I got inspired by the beginning cuz my grandfather was a corsair pilot too =)

B

Blutonski816

plc67 said:
Great pics but if you're going to be a naval aviator you'll need a bigger watch.

I got a Victorinox that needs a new battery, so I didn't wear it that day...

HighDimension said:
That top picture is also where they took the fighter pilots on the IMAX movie "Red Flag"

Well, it IS Nellis AFB, where not only the movie was set in, but also where the actual excercises themselves are hosted from. :)

A little, sidenote, that building in the BG of the top pic, with the glass paneling, hidden between the intakes and rotors of the Hind... That's where the F-22s are located.

And for you Gun-Nuts...
BREN!! (yes, its my Rambo pose, so don't gimme Sh*t about my trigger finger or my stance)
Bren.jpg

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are you that kid from "That 70's Show" ???

that70'sshow.jpg
cast_hd_fez2.jpg

Second from the right? Fez?

Been to that museum way back when...

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Schnugg said:
Are you that kid from "That 70's Show" ???

that70'sshow.jpg
cast_hd_fez2.jpg

Second from the right? Fez?

I was thinking the CHIPS guy at a younger age

CHiPs.jpg

But sweet pics man! Too bad you didn't get a 4-G negative dive on the Mig-28, though. :icon_wink

Lawman

None
DanMav1156 said:
But sweet pics man! Too bad you didn't get a 4-G negative dive on the Mig-28, though. :icon_wink

4-G Inverted dive dude, dont cheapen the experiance by messing up the story.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Schnugg said:
Yeah, been there, done that. The Navy/USAF operate more interesting "operational" petting zoos in certain places. For the record, the Red Flag IMAX is a SUPER GAY Air Force masturbatory frenzy, and absolutely nothing like the real event.

Brett

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Yeah, been there, done that. The Navy/USAF operate more interesting "operational" petting zoos in certain places. For the record, the Red Flag IMAX is a SUPER GAY Air Force masturbatory frenzy, and absolutely nothing like the real event.

Brett

True that....lavish use of flares throughout....great for kids though....like the movie Top Gun, I suspect the producers/director didn't have the discerning military in mind as an audience

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
SUPER GAY Air Force masturbatory frenzy

And in a thread correctly entitled: Nellis AFB "Petting Zoo"

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Saw the Red Flag movie at the Maryland science center and you can see the row of Prowlers on the ramp during the flyover sequence but does the fighting drumstick get any press? Noooooooo. My wife thought it was great. I thought that my eyeballs were going to get stuck in the back of my head from rolling them so much.

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FNG Trivia time: What's the purpose of the big white stripe in the Mig-29 cockpit instrument panel?

No old guys please...