• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New aviator going to Atlanta for Reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
Don't forget the Clermont Lounge. Gotta hit up the Clermont.
Oh god...you HAVE to do the Clermont, esp. now that the Gold Club has shut down. Good one, Pags! :icon_wink

I grew up in Marietta (parents still live there). I'd recommend living in Vinings, maybe Smyrna if you're on a budget. Atlantic Station (if it ever gets finished) would be another I'd look at.

Basically, you're within a couple hours of anything you could possibly want. Nightlife was already mentioned, so I won't mention that. Enjoy the Great Outdoors? Kennesaw Mountain is next door to Dobbins and north Georgia and western Carolina are just a hop, skip and a jump away. Big Time College Football? Athens is 90 minutes (on gameday) to the east and Auburn (shameless plug) is two hours south on 85 (again, on gameday). Arts aficionado? Woodruff Arts Center, ASO, Piedmont Park are all in Atlanta. And if you still can't find anything to do, well Delta's ready when you are (as the saying goes). You can get anywhere in the world from Hartsfield in one connection or less.

FWIW, I think the only reason Dobbins is still around is b/c of the C-130 and F/A-22 (Lockheed builds them on-site).

Status
Not open for further replies.