• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Multirole V/STOL being developed

GFS

The fenestron system is more effective than a 2 or 4 bladed tail rotor, the fenestron system acts as a ducted fan and is extremely effective. The fenestron unit is not just a fan unit in a tube. If you get friendly with one you will see that it actually is shaped accelerate the air flow. The rudder on the model was lower than the proto type and actually pulled the model around when fully deflected. with the proto type we are going from a 7 blade unit to a 13 blade unit. Thanks all challenges makes us double check, answering your questions shows you that we don't use any hocus pocus, no smoke and mirrors. We take all questions to heart none are to silly to address. After all I am only 70 years old and I still can learn...... Al

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
flux_capacitor-1.jpg

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Has anyone looked up the patent? I would imagine it would answer some of the "how do they solve this" questions.

busdriver

None
OK I'll say it another way. Given the chosen size of the fenestron and planned operational gross weight, what would be the maximum sideward flight capability with 10% control authority remaining?