• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO flight time

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
About how much flight time do NFO's get to log in the T6's during primary?

Did you mean "How much piloting time is logged during primary?" or did you mean what you've typed?

To elaborate a bit: Student NFO's (SNFO) get eight FAM flights with hands on the controls. The SNFO's get fly the aircraft to include takeoffs and landings. Once those eight flights are over, you are delegated to the back to NAVIGATE. All time logged in primary is Special Crew Time (SCT) vice First Pilot Time.

-ea6bflyr ;)

chrly_dont_srf

I meant how much flight time is logged in the logbook. Im asking because its turbine time right, so would it apply to the civilian sector.
BTW I have a private pilot license with an instrument rating.

chrly_dont_srf

Who cares??

Really ... what possible difference could it make to anyone this side of Mars .... or Uranus .... i.e., who cares??? :)

Uh hence the question, I care. If its time added in my logbook to get a flight job after the navy then that would be a good thing. Ya it isnt that BIG of a deal, just wanted to know.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I meant how much flight time is logged in the logbook. Im asking because its turbine time right, so would it apply to the civilian sector.
BTW I have a private pilot license with an instrument rating.

Nope, doesn't count. Special Crew Time is meaningless for anything outside the Navy.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Uh hence the question, I care. If its time added in my logbook to get a flight job after the navy...

Uh ...... then, young man ... you would be an idiot.

I hope not, and I say that w/ all kindness and feeling .... it's just the way it is .... :)

Hard cheese. Cheers

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Is <10 hrs of any type of time worth anything anywhere? Just curious, for those of you who want to log T-6 time in the civvie world of course :)