• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFOs Phasing out?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
eddie said:
.......in other words "kill off the SWO community" by 2050.

2050 ?? .... why wait ??? My Momma told me to never put off until tomorrow something that you can do today .... :D

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
eddie said:
My friend told he he wanted to go to the Academy to drive the submarine-aircraft-carriers that would comprise the whole of our future Navy. Those should replace everything else (in other words "kill off the SWO community") by 2050.
That's fine. Then the aviators will have to do what used to be the SWO's job. Your tours will go like this....SWO JO tour (1 year), Flight school, RAG, fleet squadron, SWO tour (3 years), shore duty, disassociated sea tour, SWO DH tour (3 years and screen for XO/CO of ship), squadron DH (screen for XO/CO of squadron), SWO XO/CO tour, shore duty, squadron XO/CO tour, and onward.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SteveG75 said:
Replacing single seat F/A-18C's with single seat F-35C's. Where do you get your info?????

Plenty of info at http://www.jsf.mil/index.htm

To set variants and primary aircraft they replace:

F-35A USAF variant replacing F-16 T/M/S
F-35B USMC variant replacing F/A-18 and AV-8B T/M/S
F-35C USN CV variant replacing F/A-18C

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
Sir,
Did we not already validate the siginificance of NFOs to the Navy in another thread this week? and I think we all unanimously agreed that without NFOs there could not exist a Naval Aviation in its greeatest and purest form.

That quote is out of context, he was referring to why wait until 2050 to eliminate the SWO community

And why are you addressing him as "sir". He has evolved (or devolved) into a MEAN OL' HA'OLE MAN ...you aren't even on same wavelength addressing him that way...maybe "your eminence" or something like that...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
heyjoe said:
.....And why are you addressing him as "sir". He has evolved (or devolved) into a MEAN OL' HA'OLE MAN ...you aren't even on same wavelength addressing him that way...maybe "your eminence" or something like that...

Yeah, no problem-O Retread (and I will go to my grave believing Retread meant well -- I'm just a cockeyed optimist) ... but thanks for backin' me up, anyway, Joe ... and I always DID think that a good B/N or RIO was worth more than the proverbial 200# of gas. Saved my butt more than once .... :)

But redirct for Retread: "eminence" is much too exalted ... I am a humble man.

Da Kapena will do nicely ... it's 'Moke for ... well you figure it out.

If that doesn't do it for you how about the old standby: BWANA ... ???

[SIZE=-1]SYLLABICATION:[/SIZE]bwa·na

[SIZE=-1]NOUN:[/SIZE]Used as a form of respectful address in parts of Africa.

[SIZE=-1]ETYMOLOGY:[/SIZE]Swahili, from Arabic ’ab
umacr.gif
n
amacr.gif
, our father : ’ab
umacr.gif
, bound form of ab, father; see
b in Appendix II + -n
amacr.gif
, our.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Yeah, no problem-O Retread (and I will go to my grave believing Retread meant well -- I'm just a cockeyed optimist) ... but thanks for backin' me up, anyway, Joe ... and I always DID think that a good B/N or RIO was worth more than the proverbial 200# of gas. Saved my butt more than once .... :)

But redirct for Retread: "eminence" is much too exalted ... I am a humble man.

Da Kapena will do nicely ... it's 'Moke for ... well you figure it out.

If that doesn't do it for you how about the old standby: BWANA ... ???

[SIZE=-1]SYLLABICATION:[/SIZE]bwa·na

[SIZE=-1]NOUN:[/SIZE]Used as a form of respectful address in parts of Africa.

[SIZE=-1]ETYMOLOGY:[/SIZE]Swahili, from Arabic ’ab
umacr.gif
n
amacr.gif
, our father : ’ab
umacr.gif
, bound form of ab, father; see
b in Appendix II + -n
amacr.gif
, our.

Of course in person, they would also need to grovel and bow appropriately!

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
Steve Wilkins said:
No, it's true. NFO's as we know them are going away. By 2014, all NFO's will be forced to transition to SWO.

Thank God I will be retired by then! BAD SHOE!

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wouldn't mind SWOs if they were like aviators.....

"The Navy Calls Them Aviators, Says They're Better Than Pilots."

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
No, it's true. NFO's as we know them are going away. By 2014, all NFO's will be forced to transition to SWO.

That crap is just not funny. Dude, seriously.......dude! Not funny!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who let the "shoe" in?

Steve Wilkins said:
I just wandered in here one day. They tried to kick me out, but I just keeping coming back.

Just like at sea, wherever the carrier goes, some blackshoe smallboy seems to follow rain or shine...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
I just wandered in here one day. They tried to kick me out, but I just keeping coming back.

Oh, Steve ... Steve ... Steve ... so precocious ... so cheeky ... so intelligent ... so fresh ... so quick ... so inventive ... so keen ... so knowing ... so progressive .... so .... propulsive. But then, you ARE a Black-Shoe, yes ????

... And how you were treated on this forum??? Even though you started/founded it ..... it's just lucky for you that we're a bunch of Officers and Gentlemen.

Instead of a bunch of bikers .... :)
deliverance-beatty.gif