• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

    Go here:

    Edit Account Details and Profile

NIFE Overview

Ouch! I know I’m an old fart, but I can’t wrap my head around the concept of earning your wings as an O-3.
OUCH is right... I remember there were still long wait times between things, but once you started it was "stick this firehose in your mouth and don't spill any water.

OCS grad May 99, Winged Nov 2000.
 
OUCH is right... I remember there were still long wait times between things, but once you started it was "stick this firehose in your mouth and don't spill any water.

OCS grad May 99, Winged Nov 2000.
Y’all put the firehouse in your mouth?!?

We did the “fleet” enema method.
 
Graduating tomorrow. This write up is accurate. My $0.02:

Go into NIFE with the mentality that NASC is actively trying to attrite you. There's a lot of us and they're trying to up their attrition quota to 9-10% per the word on the street. Don't give em' a reason to. If you suck in the pool, get that y membership and find someone in your class that's really good at swimming and fix it. Study, study, STUDY during academics. Trust me, your experience will be a lot better when you don't have a pink sheet looming over you. The material is not hard, but you have to respect, and understand it. Flight phase is fun, but be prepared. If you don't know your stuff the CFI's can pick up on it quickly. Also don't do anything "unsafe," fastest way to get booted... I.E. not holding short, bad comm usage, running off taxiway, and what not.

Pensacola is fun. If you get stressed out, head to the beach during sunset and reset. Worked for me. Off to primary. Cheers!
 
Back
Top