• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No Fly List

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I must just radiate awesomeness, because I fly a lot, and the only thing I have to do is take off me shoes and take out my laptop, and zip zap zoom I'm on my way. I've even been able to get the security passes (so that you can visit friends on layovers) with no hassle at all...

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
My mom is on the list, and they told her why. A few months after 9/11, she had bought a one way ticket in the morning with my dad's credit card for a flight later that same day. Since it was one way, the same day, and the name on the ticket was different than the name on the credit card, she popped. Gets searched almost every single time now, unfortunately.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
No one tries harder to justify their existence than the TSA.

TSA = Thousands Standing Around.

Completely useless organization. Folks I work with that have been over there to try an un-phuck their IT designs for Safe Flight and other systems say it's hopeless. Disregarding their lack of technical depth the org chart is a jobs program for government staff that can't do anything else. Now they just do nothing there.

Sarge

CNAF COS
pilot
Contributor
I have a buddy who is an airline pilot and he is on the list. He is working to find out why and get off of it.

millerjd

Stayin' alive
[threadjack]
Just after Sept 11th, trying to get back to school, I went through security and was "randomly selected" and the guy went through all my stuff, etc...

The funny part came when I was in line to board the aircraft and someone "randomly" picks me and points me to one of the guys behind a table and I looked at him and it's the same guy who checked me out in the first place.

We both laughed and I said "Do we really have to do this again..." and he replied depressingly "...Yeah..."

He pretended to move all the stuff around again and then sent me on my way.

[/threadjack]

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Disregarding their lack of technical depth the org chart is a jobs program for government staff that can't do anything else. Now they just do nothing there.

And if this congress has it's way they will be union!! That is in direct conflict with the legislation that formed TSA. The President only signed on when the law stated they would be non union. It isn't about pay, it is about work rules. It is about being able to post them anywhere TDY to meet contingencies and firing the incompetent (not that they are doing a very good job with that now).