• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nose cone crushed in flight

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Haha that is pretty ridiculous, especially the comments at the end. It seems there's a conspiracy within the NY Times to completely destroy their own credibility - that's one conspiracy theory I could buy into.

phrogpilot73

I like how they pointed out "however, the pilots did not declare an emergency." More media not knowing what the word is used for...

nugget61

pilot
At least their expert knew what he was talking about and got his point across... too often it seems that they will get someone that can appear to the masses to be educated just scare people.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We got a nice dent in our nose at FL 250 over Kuwait one day. The FE insisted he saw a bird right before the flight station felt a 'bump'. When we got back home their was a dark spot and a dent on the lower part of the nose, with the honeycomb behind it shattered. Scratch one nose cone, and chalk up one more Class C I believe.

The funny part was that the 'dons' at VP-30 didn't believe us, laughed that we could have hit a bird that high. Didn't do anything to increase their already low stock with us. :eek:

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
A buddy of mine hit a bird at night that the bird experts from the Smithsonian swore was not only completely foreign to the region (Arizona) but that never, ever flew at night. Luckily he had the whole thing on his NAVFLIR video.

So much for the experts.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
It must have ocurred during one of those death defying go around maneuvers.
Doubt it......but maybe we should merge the balloon guy thread though.
it's a miracle no one was killed...
Maybe the balloon guy got in the way :D:D

capt.6dd9fed16de244f696ce44c992474e07.lawn_chair_balloonist_orjb101.jpg