• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Not all is lost in Iraq

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Waht makes you think the war has had anything to do with the status of Kurdistan? You need to check up on your history.......
They are now free of an evil dictator that initiated a policy of genocide against their people...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They are now free of an evil dictator that initiated a policy of genocide against their people...

They were basically free after the first Gulf War, and largely maintained that freedom because of ONW. It did not change much after OIF........Read up on it.......

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Flash is right.... ^^ also, the Kurds have had trouble from more than just Iraq. "Kurdistan", if indeed formed into a state would also take up portions of Turkey and Iran, both of which don't want to see that happen.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
Come on Flash...you mean to tell me you know more about Iraq than a junior in college? No way!

Yeah, I guess my 8 months in theater and numerous flights next to and over Iraq really didn't teach me a damn thing. That is in addition to all the info I have at my fingertips at work......I really don't know jack......;)

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I guess my 8 months in theater and numerous flights next to and over Iraq really didn't teach me a damn thing. That is in addition to all the info I have at my fingertips at work......I really don't know jack......;)

The only thing I learned in Iraq is you can get a real breitling for $25... And they love blond hair blue eyed Americans... very creepy

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Yeah, thanks to me and Flash. :D

Brett

FMRAM was a shotgun-buyin, Tuborg-drinkin, Roki-shootin, steak-grillin, who is the motherfucker that stole all our charcoal?, tent-dweller as well...
Best deployment I have ever been on...:)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FMRAM was a shotgun-buyin, Tuborg-drinkin, Roki-shootin, steak-grillin, who is the motherfucker that stole all our charcoal?, tent-dweller as well...
Best deployment I have ever been on...:)

Don't forget Tava and cheese bread eatin'. You ever go over to 902-JO to grill/drink?

Brett

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Don't forget Tava and cheese bread eatin'. You ever go over to 902-JO to grill/drink?

Brett

Love that Moonlight Tava and cheese bread...couldn't get enough.

902? Nope, I wish I had though. Turkey was right after I expressed a disire to be an officer, so I didn't want to appear "unduly familar". Sometimes the JO's would come over to our neck of the woods and hang out. Good times. Did you ever grill up those polish sausages from the commisary that would come in the 20 packs? Man those were good. You could feed all of aircraft division for 15 bucks. To add to that, I was buying nice thick porterhouse for 8 bucks! :D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Love that Moonlight Tava and cheese bread...couldn't get enough.

902? Nope, I wish I had though. Turkey was right after I expressed a disire to be an officer, so I didn't want to appear "unduly familar". Sometimes the JO's would come over to our neck of the woods and hang out. Good times. Did you ever grill up those polish sausages from the commisary that would come in the 20 packs? Man those were good. You could feed all of aircraft division for 15 bucks. To add to that, I was buying nice thick porterhouse for 8 bucks! :D

Nothing too familiar about enjoying a few cocktails w/ the JOs while grilling out - that's just good clean fun. That reminds me, I think we tried to grill some of the stray cats one night. :eek:

Brett