• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Not all is lost in Iraq

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Hey, I wouldn't learn if I didn't ask. I was posting on them more from the perspective that possibly maybe they will be recognized as their own country... Oh and Speaking of Turkey, looks like they will be getting their fifth coup in 5 decades pretty soon...

Fears of a Coup in Turkey's Crisis

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Going Cold Turkey??? The generals might spank???

I wish ... some countries seem to function better under the "benign touch" of the military boot. Turkey is one ... :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Going Cold Turkey??? The generals might spank???

I wish ... some countries seem to function better under the "benign touch" of the military boot. Turkey is one ... :)

It is an interesting dynamic within their government. The General Staff has been the bastion of the Western-secular ideal in that country and they've also been unwavering in their support of the US over the years.

Brett

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Don't forget Tava and cheese bread eatin'. You ever go over to 902-JO to grill/drink?
When I was there last (Fall 02), the Marines in 902 prior to us had built such a large fire in the grill that it had melted/scorched the awning. Must have been quite a sight....

ONW was a thoroughly enjoyable little war...

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
My squadron was slated to do back to back ONW deployments...then BAM!!!, Gulf War II. I was fortunate enough to be sent over with half of my squadron to augment another half squadron in PSAB. We were initially told that we would be in theater for 6 months...we ended up staying for 3 1/2 weeks. :D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I was there last (Fall 02), the Marines in 902 prior to us had built such a large fire in the grill that it had melted/scorched the awning. Must have been quite a sight....

ONW was a thoroughly enjoyable little war...

I was on ADVON when you turned over to us. Funniest flight of my life, seeing one of your O-5s get completely naked in the other jet over Iraq for a "photo-op." At any rate, it's amazing how large a conflagration one can attain by stacking 3-4 wooden pallets on that grill. :D

Brett

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My squadron was slated to do back to back ONW deployments...then BAM!!!, Gulf War II. I was fortunate enough to be sent over with half of my squadron to augment another half squadron in PSAB. We were initially told that we would be in theater for 6 months...we ended up staying for 3 1/2 weeks. :D

Yeah, that was a tease.......:(

I still have not been able to figure out if I rate this from our time there.....:confused:

wotemedal.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, that was a tease.......:(

I still have not been able to figure out if I rate this from our time there.....:confused:

wotemedal.jpg

You do, as all of Turkey now qualifies in the most recent geographic definition (as do operational flights over Iraq pre-OIF). I don't have the NAVADMIN at my fingertips, but you should be able to scare it up.

Brett