• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Now this is the way to fly an H-60 ...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
aerospace_landing.jpg

Scarface_F/L

OCC 193, here we go!
Skidz Rule!

Its too bad you guys arent In the Marine Corps, Us Huey guys always leave the doors in the hanger! Its like driving a jeep. Except of course on my Avatar?

MasterBates

What you Lamps guys can't fly with the doors off? What about Sierras?

As my old skipper liked to rub in to us (he was a H-2 guy), the cool days of no/open door flying went away with the REAL HSL, (his terms)

"There ain't nothing light about a 60B" -Old Skipper

Pags

N/A
pilot
What you Lamps guys can't fly with the doors off? What about Sierras?

Nope. All the avionics need ECS to keep em running happy. And if some cold air happens to leak on the crew, well, that's just bonus. Doors off would have been nice today with the OAT reading 38.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Come on, climb to cope.... Isn't that what they taught us in flight school?

We didn't climb to an altitude, we climbed to an OAT. HAC on my first deployment: "We're gonna make it to 25 degrees or 10,000 feet, whichever comes first..."

thull

Its too bad you guys arent In the Marine Corps, Us Huey guys always leave the doors in the hanger! Its like driving a jeep. Except of course on my Avatar?

i think your avatar shows what happens when you leave the doors in the hanger. poor guys probably weren't even strapped in...:D

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Nope. All the avionics need ECS to keep em running happy. And if some cold air happens to leak on the crew, well, that's just bonus. Doors off would have been nice today with the OAT reading 38.

That's nothing...just wait till the OAT is pegged..."Uh, according to NATOPS, we can't start the thing above 51 deg. C." (Bahrain, 3SEP05)

;)

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
That's nothing...just wait till the OAT is pegged..."Uh, according to NATOPS, we can't start the thing above 51 deg. C." (Bahrain, 3SEP05)

;)

You better not start a 60 above that temp. Bad things will happen, trust me.

Maybe start them at night at that temp since solar loads add quite a bit.

PU Grad

skidz

adrenaline junky
hmm, Navy -60 pilot and a just graduated college grad trying to figure out if he wants to be in the Navy yet talking about a -60.

I'll take HH's word on this one.