• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Now this looks like a little fun ride in the PC-9

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Just browsing youtube and came across this little gem. Says it's a PC-9, which for those not in the know is where the T-6A/B Texan II came from.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Looks like a blast! Only problem is you'd have to explain to the girls at the bar why it has a prop on the front.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
It was a very fun airplane to fly. North Oklahomans can attest to the airshow I put on over their cows last february. At the least, I told myself it was a pretty awesome airshow.

I think the Swiss use a PC-9 as their aerobatics demo team's ride, too.

Do the pilots who fly the SNFO's around in P-Cola have any forms or PA's in the syllabus?

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
It was a very fun airplane to fly. North Oklahomans can attest to the airshow I put on over their cows last february. At the least, I told myself it was a pretty awesome airshow.

Do the pilots who fly the SNFO's around in P-Cola have any forms or PA's in the syllabus?

You do forms in intermediate... is PA aerobatics? Because that is part of FAMs.

Attachments

• form1.jpg
    form1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 74
  • form2.jpg
    form2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 65

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
yea, "precision" aerobatics.

As precise as I could be with all of 20 hours in the plane.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
What is that black tube coming out of the oxygen hose and going into his helmet?

It's part of the "Combat Edge" g-suit system. IIRC from the old man explaining it to me, it has a bladder in the back of the helmet.

I'm sure there are other guys who are more in the know who can explain further.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I dunno about the T-6 or PC-9, but the PC-7 was wayyy more ergonomic and comfortable than the T-34. It isn't like I need a lot of room, but I had more space than I knew what to do with.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
It's part of the "Combat Edge" g-suit system. IIRC from the old man explaining it to me, it has a bladder in the back of the helmet.

I'm sure there are other guys who are more in the know who can explain further.

Exactly right. The AF was on board with it for a while, I knew a few Viper guys with it, hated it, as far as I've know they gave up on it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

The Swiss have several aerial demonstration teams, their most famous one is Patrouille Suisse and they fly F-5's. They do have a 'PC-7 Team' too though, here is info on both:

PC-7 Team

[URL="http://www.lw.admin.ch/internet/luftwaffe/de/home/verbaende/einsatz_lw/kunstflugteam/ps.html]Patrouille Suisse (in German)[/URL]

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
I stand corrected, PC-7. Thanks, flash.

edit: the aussies have a demo team that flies PC-9s. Roulettes... good looking birds, btw.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Guys: The one you really want is the Brazilian "Super Tucano" - which is built on basically the same airframe but has a 1,600hp P&W PT6A turbo-prop engine. That's about 40% more power than the T-6 or PC-9 and it has a range of 3,000 miles. Said differently, that means it can loiter for about 6.5 hours! While most of its operators are banana republics, it was interesting to note that Blackwater operates a number of them.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Guys: The one you really want is the Brazilian "Super Tucano" - which is built on basically the same airframe but has a 1,600hp P&W PT6A turbo-prop engine. That's about 40% more power than the T-6 or PC-9 and it has a range of 3,000 miles. Said differently, that means it can loiter for about 6.5 hours! While most of its operators are banana republics, it was interesting to note that Blackwater operates a number of them.

nov-10.jpg

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

You would just make the pro-T-34C crowd even more angry :)