• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Question

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Correct me if I'm wrong but thats if you didn't do 2 years college program. I did 2 yrs CP and then picked up a 2 year NROTC scholarship and just continued on with the program.
Correct - Newport is for people who are new to the program at the 2 year point - college programmers should have already taken the requisite NS courses.

navychick

I went into the NROTC program as a college pragram student (walk in midn), picked up my scholarship no problem (good grades and good prt scores - and I wanted it!) and had it for my soph-senior year. I just commissioned this past weekend and am headed to Pensacola in 2 weeks for flight school as a NA. You can definitely do it without having received the scholarship before starting the program.

Good Luck!

And feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Btw, if you aren't 100% for the Academy, chances are its not for you. Plus college cant be beaten!

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Gunfighter,
I can't emphasize what Masterbates said enough. Don't enlist if you want to be a pilot.
That said there are plenty of other ways to get an NROTC scholarship. I was in sort of the same boat you are and ended up doing college program for a year before picking up a three year NROTC scholarship. If you have fairly good grades your freshman year your chances are pretty good of picking one up. It's a great way to go and you have a lot of freedom to choose what you want to study. I know the Air Force stresses engineering majors but the Navy doesn't really have the same hang up. In fact, most of the guys in my current squadron were history/poli-sci/business majors.
Give the NROTC unit at what ever school you decide to go to a call and they can fill you in on the college program details. Good luck.