• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

O4 List

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I certainly don't have all the answers, but offering someone to stay a permanent O3/O4 as long as they perform (fly, teach, deploy) seems like a logical way to capitalize on that individuals skill set.
Which, in a round about way is what the OP-T DH world looks like it's going to be. The Navy hasn't done a great job of telling these folks what their future holds but a couple of the guys I know in this lot are looking at doing a quasi-permanent RAG instructing gig until they reach retirement.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Which, in a round about way is what the OP-T DH world looks like it's going to be. The Navy hasn't done a great job of telling these folks what their future holds but a couple of the guys I know in this lot are looking at doing a quasi-permanent RAG instructing gig until they reach retirement.

Which would be AWESOME!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Few can clobber a pattern like a RAG P-3. You could do it for a lifetime. Go forth and clobber...

Websan was so proud of me when I told him I knocked Key West's short field gear out of battery on the second pass down there the other night.

I like to think of it as FCLPs for P-3s...get me a tailhook, bitches. I'm here to fuck shit up.

MasterBates

Websan was so proud of me when I told him I knocked Key West's short field gear out of battery on the second pass down there the other night.

I like to think of it as FCLPs for P-3s...get me a tailhook, bitches. I'm here to fuck shit up.

I made knocking the gear out of battery in the E-2 a sport.. We have to "cushion with power" at the in-close for normal landings and FCLPs above 46,500, (normally a waveoff in close, that touches) And if you just kiss the wire with the main mounts.. BLINK BLINK BLINK goes the gear.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
I think that's why ICS disconnect was invented.
nope.

And for what it's worth, despite the great $, the private world will never produce the true brothers that your military tours will. Enjoy the ride either way.:)
jameson_whisky.jpg

MasterBates

nope.

And for what it's worth, despite the great $, the private world will never produce the true brothers that your military tours will. Enjoy the ride either way.:)

Truth in this.. I like most of the guys on my crew. I'm not going to hold some valve shut so they can flee if I can get away instead.

Flying, especially as a HAC/CAPC, you'd hold the controls long enough for the other guys to get out before thinking about saving your own ass.