• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

oceana airshow

SemperApollo

but what the silent majority wants to know is "will there be helos there?"

Strictly speaking there was an MH-53 that was the drop ship for the Black Daggers. And of course there were statics...Seahawk, Bell 206 and a Hughes from Pax River.

Oh yeah and by the way, the show itself was incredible! Between the Tomcat jumping us at the beach and then climbing straight to heaven, getting hit with Super Hornet exhaust, seeing....hearing the Starfighter for the first time and meeting so many great pilots and maintainers, I can't imagine a better time.

Big thanks to everyone who participated, I really mean it.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
I too caught jet blast/debri at the show :) (along with about 50 other people who went running for their lives for a brief moment). This came from Blue Angels 5 and 6 on Saturday though, blew a speaker stand over as well. I got a little nervous for a second being right on the fence :eek:

East

东部
Contributor
Where are the pics?

pics.gif

SemperApollo

I too caught jet blast/debri at the show :) (along with about 50 other people who went running for their lives for a brief moment). This came from Blue Angels 5 and 6 on Saturday though, blew a speaker stand over as well. I got a little nervous for a second being right on the fence :eek:

The scary part is knowing they're at or just above idle power. Now I understand why catapult officers will cover their faces or lay down on the deck during launches.

Here are some photos. My mother handled still photography for most of the weekend while I was filming. I'll send you guys some movies once I get them edited.

Attachments

• hawkeye_sat.jpg
    hawkeye_sat.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 22
  • VFA-11_sat.jpg
    VFA-11_sat.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 37
  • WarParty_vert_sat.jpg
    WarParty_vert_sat.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 32
  • sneak_sun.jpg
    sneak_sun.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 40

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
I doubt they were at Idle power, they were making a turn and I guess they didn't put on much power before they made the turn so they turned then applied some power while the nozzles were pointed straight at us. The other Blues didn't do that when they had made the turns before. Anyways, I too have some pretty good pictures from the show. I will post some up for you all to see shortly