• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oceana Questions

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Heading out there again today. I won't let you down, sir. I will need Mod approval though - standby for beach hottie approval request. :D
I think you can skirt approval by including airplanes in the same picture:D:D:D

Pags

N/A
pilot
Best position to watch jets is gonna depend on the winds. The Neptune statue by the Hilton usually seems to work pretty well.

If you down to Waterfront in Norfolk you can usually catch a helo or two running the river.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
+1 to Pags...the view from the statue was awesome! Tons of form shots and 2 F-22s today. Can someone verify? I have pictures but will have to wait until friday until I get home to post the pics so standby.

This time it WAS the girlfriend. One was coming in and she goes "here comes on...that's NOT an F-18" (haven't taught her that it's F/A or "effinA" yet)

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
Here are those shots I got today...nothing special as far as my photography skills, but I do appreciate the advice on where to go. I had a ton of fun. :D

Attachments

• AWCG1.jpg
    AWCG1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 39
  • AWF22.jpg
    AWF22.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 50
  • AWF222.jpg
    AWF222.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 59
  • AWForm3.jpg
    AWForm3.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 55
  • AWForm1.jpg
    AWForm1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 65

badger16

None
They can't be here already for the air show (19 Sept)...cross country? :confused:

There are some stationed out of Langley AFB. Might have been an out and in. I'm sure some of the guys on here who are stationed at Oceana will know more about the specifics.

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
Maybe it's because they're larger than their Navy brethren, or probably because of the vectored thrust, but that thing looked like it was slooooooow on final. Cool stuff.