• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR IWC Board

boulai

aside from the work life balance, what makes you say that?
As you said the worklife balance is a huge difference. CW tend to get better treatment (from what I saw in my 10 yrs) and most important of all, if you retired or decided to get out and wanted to continue a civilian career, CW will take you further. I currently work with a few retired and separated CWs (O3/O4/O5) and they all came in right out of the Navy making big bucks. Plus, the billets for CW are way better than SWOs billets. At least for me it is. Others might not think that way.

Dingdong

Selected for CW with the following stats:

Degree: B.A. in Middle Eastern Studies with concentrations in Governance and Arabic. Worth noting here that I have credits for Calc 1-3, and Physics 1 and 2.
GPA: 3.5
Prior Service: No, but was a USMC OCS med drop - unclear if that affected application.
Waivers: None
LORs: One from boss from a federal job. Another from a peer who is an Army NCO.

Originally set to ship out in July, but asked for and was approved to leave for the class that convenes at the end of this month. Thank you all for the motivation, knowledge, and camaraderie.

*Edited to add that OAR was 58.

ptok

I'm curious if anyone who got selected for mcwo, what is your stats?
Hello!! I was the one person that was selected for MCWO. Here are my stats:

Degree: B.S in Computer Network and Cyber Security (GPA: 3.4) and M.S. in Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigation (GPA: 4.0)
Certifications: ISC2
Courses: Black Hat C++, Hands-on Pen Testing, DevSecOps
Prior Service: Currently AD CTR1, been in for 7.5 years, have in-rate qualifications and sea time, have information warfare pin and surface warfare pin.
Waivers: OAR (44)
Awards: 2 Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals
- also had 3 interview appraisals and 2 LORs

Last edited: