• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Intel 05Aug24 Proboard

causekim

I just summarized last 4 board results. Selection rates really vary depending on the navy's needs, high amount of applicants do not seem to mean more slots as you can see from 2023 FEB result (33 out of 105).

However, they recently updated the ocs board schedule with a new board date (September 23rd it was not there when i put my package in July). Having another board in September right after August might mean the Navy needs more Junior Intel Officers, we never know!

2024 APR Result
total 112
Yes 19
No 87
Selection rate: 16.96%

2023 NOV Result
Total 166
Yes 35
Alt 3
No 128
Selection rate: 21%

2023 JUN Result
Total 156
Yes 26
No 130
Selection rate: 16.67%

2023 FEB Result
Total 105
Yes 33
No 72
Selection rate: 31.42%

Pbrailer

I just summarized last 4 board results. Selection rates really vary depending on the navy's needs, high amount of applicants do not seem to mean more slots as you can see from 2023 FEB result (33 out of 105).

However, they recently updated the ocs board schedule with a new board date (September 23rd it was not there when i put my package in July). Having another board in September right after August might mean the Navy needs more Junior Intel Officers, we never know!

2024 APR Result
total 112
Yes 19
No 87
Selection rate: 16.96%

2023 NOV Result
Total 166
Yes 35
Alt 3
No 128
Selection rate: 21%

2023 JUN Result
Total 156
Yes 26
No 130
Selection rate: 16.67%

2023 FEB Result
Total 105
Yes 33
No 72
Selection rate: 31.42%
My recruiter told me last board (2024 APR) was 13 yes and 6 alternates, so would lower that figure a little bit. Not sure if those 2024APR Alternates are going to eat out of this board's acceptance pool, either.

causekim

My recruiter told me last board (2024 APR) was 13 yes and 6 alternates, so would lower that figure a little bit. Not sure if those 2024APR Alternates are going to eat out of this board's acceptance pool, either.
I just checked the last result again on sharepoint, it is 19 yes and 6 alternates.

Pbrailer

I just checked the last result again on sharepoint, it is 19 yes and 6 alternates.
Ah, it appears I was misinformed. Do you know what the deal with alternates is? I read they used to get automatically picked up for next FY, does that still hold for these boards?

exNavyOffRec

Ah, it appears I was misinformed. Do you know what the deal with alternates is? I read they used to get automatically picked up for next FY, does that still hold for these boards?
On the official document if it says like it has said before it would say something along the lines of FY24 alt/FY25 select, so while they are an "alternate" they are actual a "select", most of the time they were just listing people as select but it sounds like a few designators are doing things like DCO has done where it specifies who is for what FY and if they are primary or alt.

SpaceMan230

I won’t trust it till I’m actually there, but it appears I’ve been PROREC Y.
Stats:
OAR: 59
GPA: UG-3.02, G-3.8
Interviews: O8, O6x4, O4x4
Waiver: Time in Service (over 11 years)

Congratulations! I just about died when my deducted called me to say I was selected. I have to meet with the Special Security Officer for final selection, so I’m interested to see what that consists of. Any guidance is much appreciated!

Jdolan24

Congratulations! I just about died when my deducted called me to say I was selected. I have to meet with the Special Security Officer for final selection, so I’m interested to see what that consists of. Any guidance is much appreciated!
We all have to do that. It’s to ensure that you can get a top secret security clearance.