• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Non-acceptance

Mark Spanel

I tried searching through threads, but couldn't find anything official. How does one know, officially, that they did not get accepted into OCS? Also, is this non acceptance kept on record somewhere like BOL? When i applied in may2023 for NFO and AVO, my chain of command, nor i, were ever informed about not getting accepted. I only found out by asking Mr. Celestin 12+ weeks after the board had convened. I never got a pro-rec Y either ( i dont even know what that is, but i heard other people talk about it on this forum). My BOL never said, and still says nothing, about me applying.

The reason i am asking this is that if i can prove my application was never submitted, then maybe i can convince PERS to grant me a conditional release from the nuclear community to apply again for the next board, otherwise i am stuck waiting around until 2026 when i can apply again.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I tried searching through threads, but couldn't find anything official. How does one know, officially, that they did not get accepted into OCS? Also, is this non acceptance kept on record somewhere like BOL? When i applied in may2023 for NFO and AVO, my chain of command, nor i, were ever informed about not getting accepted. I only found out by asking Mr. Celestin 12+ weeks after the board had convened. I never got a pro-rec Y either ( i dont even know what that is, but i heard other people talk about it on this forum). My BOL never said, and still says nothing, about me applying.

The reason i am asking this is that if i can prove my application was never submitted, then maybe i can convince PERS to grant me a conditional release from the nuclear community to apply again for the next board, otherwise i am stuck waiting around until 2026 when i can apply again.

For fleet applicants, it is via BOL and/or their chain of command to verify board selection status. Mr. Celestin is a secondary, though sometimes is the primary means if BOL isn't reliable.

Looking at your post history, it looks like you've been trying for OCS programs for roughly a decade. I would really encourage you deep dive (as what @exNavyOffRec mentioned in another post of yours) as to what's holding you back. Was it a low GPA? Poor ASTB/OAR scores? Etc. etc. How can you overcome that? You also need to be open minded (not saying you are, but I have seen many enlisted who are) in terms of your weak points and how you can improve them, whether that's getting masters degree to fix a poor undergrad GPA, improve ASTB/OAR scores, etc. Finally, your age and TIS are going to limit options over time, and waivers aren't permanent.

I would also encourage you find an officer mentor or two, either on the waterfront or in your command to help you out during the process. Finally, being that you've been enlisted for a good 9-10 ish years, I would also encourage LDO/CWO programs assuming you're qualified or will be soon.