• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Preference codes

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Unless you are obtaining a technical degree, they probably wouldn't select you for Nuke. My recruiter asked me about Nuke... He then remembered that I was an Accounting major, which pretty much DQed me, thankfully.
False. Technical degrees are preferred for nuke, but they are not required. The only requirement is one year of calculus and one year of calculus based physics.

If you did not go to DC to interview with ADM Donald, you did not get assigned to nuke.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
False. Technical degrees are preferred for nuke, but they are not required. The only requirement is one year of calculus and one year of calculus based physics.

If you did not go to DC to interview with ADM Donald, you did not get assigned to nuke.

Yeah I didn't think after all the processing that these app's go through that an error like that could happen.. It sure would suck if it did happen to someone, so just keep an eye on that number and make sure it doesn't change. My enlistment papers say 13907 as well, and as ASHWND mentioned BDCP most likely falls under the 07. The first 3 digits of all (or most) fields are listed here, proving the 139 is SNA.

4ageminor

Based on the information OUSOONER gave me, would be correct to put 01/11601 for surface nuke as my first choice? And then 02/12201 for Naval Reactors Engineer for my second choice? I'm slightly confused about what the first part of the designator means. I just put 01 as my first choice and 02 as my second.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
I only said it DQed me, and probably any other Business major, because there was no way in hell I was going to take a Physics class. My last physics class was when I was 14 my Freshmen year of high school, and that was enough Physics for a lifetime.

I was informed of my Pro Req on the 23rd or so of Sept, and my FS came exactly 1 month later on Oct 23rd. Though I didn't swear in until Nov 14th, but that is a long story involving SWO... Thankfully I am going Supply and received my first paycheck (in theory) on the 15th of December. I received back pay starting from Nov 14, so it was a pretty decent one ( again, in theory). I was my OR's first BDCP guy, so there were and still are a few bugs being worked out, but my OR has been awesome through this process and I would be more than glad to refer anyone to him directly (PM me) ... It always sucks being the test subject, but hopefully everyone else going through my NRD will benefit from my sacrifice.

You're welcome in advance! :)