• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Prep Weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbs77

Has anyone else been invited to OCS Prep Weekend at Ft. McCoy, Wisconsin?

Semper Fi, Do or Die, Gung-ho Gung-ho Gung-ho

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
What all do you do on this ocs prep weekend? Sounds fun.

"For he who serves his fellows, is among his fellows greatest."
- Meteu -

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Fun?? It's not really designed to be fun. In fact, it's really not that fun. It's supposed to be an extremely abbreviated version of what to expect at OCS. Some people actually drop from the program after that weekend. Of course, I'm sure that varies from place to place. Last year we got to enjoy the experience of being dropped into your platoon and meeting your staff. Depending on how your district does it, you may get to see for yourself. However, it can be very informative and it will give you an opportunity to meet some people that may be in your company at Quantico. You get to PT!

kmc9280

I was just able to get out of work to go to the prep weekend in Wisconsin. My OSO said it is very helpful, we'll see. I'm in Kansas City so that should be a nice little drive. See ya there.

Kevin

jwnole

No, In fact, I was lucky enough to take a "Field Trip" to Quantico for four days a couple of weeks ago. It was hell but well worth it. Ask your OSO if there is still room and go if at all possible, you will not regret it. And pack light.
-jw

korndog

I'm going to the one in at the Kirtland AFB too. Wish I had known about it sooner, I've only recently started the application process.

jwnole

You should expect to run alot, sleep a little and be yelled at for everything you do. You won't do anything correctly, trust me. Remember, anyone can be squad leader, except you. You're too stupid to be squad leader.
-jw

and if you can talk after the weekend is over, you weren't yelling loudly enough!

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
How much running are we looking at doing? do we run a lot in short bursts or do we go on distance, endurance runs? Or both? what's the longest run to expect?

thanx

Dolld

Well I just got asked today to attend the Prep-OCS weekend thing in Ft.McCoy. So whoever is going I'll see you there.

1W2gtH

I have been invited to go to the OCS Prep weekend and i am pumped. I like pain and yelling and physical hardship. It pushes your body to what its capable of. Semper Fi

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Korndog,
hey man I thought it was a pretty good time at Kirtland this weekend, how 'bout you? btw, what's the name of the cat everyone called 'drama queen'? its been bugging me all day long...

Status
Not open for further replies.