• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS this summer

tazzdevil24

Hey all, I have to say thanks for the invaluable help, my OSO let me know I have been selected for PLC-combined this summer, so now my PTing is getting mad intense.(even got my gf givin me swim workouts). Just wondering if anyone had any major suggestions or pointers that might not be obviously posted here in the forums, or any words of encouragement.
-Tazz

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Yeah, continue to have your girlfriend give you "work outs" right up till you ship, and maybe even three or so times the night before you leave. You'll miss "working out" with your girlfriend.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
OCS prep

Practice 5 hours of sleep, writing fast and neat, and ask your OSO/MOI about OSMEAC. And get some good PT; one less thing to worry about. When you show up, be a leader (this doesn't mean yelling a lot). If your peers respect you, so will the Sergeant Instructors, which is what this whole thing is all about.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Why practice not sleeping? Why would you want to do that, you will learn to deal with it, unless your working out with your girlfriend. Even that doesn't have to happen at night you can work out and get some...sleep.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
You dont need to do anything to prepare but physical fitness. Sleep lots, don't study the 5 paragraph order stuff (you will get enough at OCS and TBS, trust me...). Get laid tons and do anything but think about OCS - you will get your fill soon enough...

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Be safe

tazzdevil24 said:
. . .so now my PTing is getting mad intense.
Continue your "madly intense" workout, but be safe about it, or else you'll get an injury that could set you back or prevent you from going to OCS.

It happened to me. I was scheduled to go to OCS one summer, but had to go the following fall because an injury incurred while "overdoing" my workout. I had to use that time I was supposed to go to OCS to heal and get strong again.

So again. train hard, but safe.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
devil_dog said:
You dont need to do anything to prepare but physical fitness. Sleep lots, don't study the 5 paragraph order stuff (you will get enough at OCS and TBS, trust me...). Get laid tons and do anything but think about OCS - you will get your fill soon enough...

I'm assuming this is same 5 paragraph OPORD the Army uses? Situation, mission, execution, service support, command & signal?

KBayDog

Ryan_Cunningham said:
I'm assuming this is same 5 paragraph OPORD the Army uses? Situation, mission, execution, service support, command & signal?

Pretty much, except we call "service support," "administration and logistics." Toe-mah-toe, toe-may-toe.

(And we don't say "Hooah" after every section.)

TheFurr7198

you'll get plenty of sleep at OCS. At the most 8 a night and min if you only get the min fire watch 7 hours. If you F up constantly then you may have two fire watchs at different times. But you get plenty of sleep there. If you have to stay up late to study for the tests there then you may need to wear a helmet Haha. See ya this summer Seniors 2nd increment

KBayDog

LilFizz0307 said:
you'll get plenty of sleep at OCS. At the most 8 a night and min if you only get the min fire watch 7 hours. If you F up constantly then you may have two fire watchs at different times. But you get plenty of sleep there. If you have to stay up late to study for the tests there then you may need to wear a helmet Haha. See ya this summer Seniors 2nd increment

This should be amended to "You'll get plenty of sleep at PLC Juniors."

Golf Co and PLC Seniors are completely different from PLC Jrs.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Lets say you will get some sleep. This is a constant theme at Brown Field... Time Management. Studying for test, 5 Paragraph Order, remarking/cleaning/drying gear, all things that will take away from your sleep.

So when you know the week schedule in advance make preperations for it. There[OCS] is not the place to "take life as it comes."