• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS this summer

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
super hornet said:
Is anyone here shipping out for the 2nd session of PLC for the first increment?, I think we leave July 7th.

I think you have the right idea but are saying it backwards. The 1st or 2nd increment refers to what part of the summer you take the class in. The Junior or Senior refers to if its your first or second set of 6 weeks. Hope that makes sense. Heres the report dates from the OCS website:

1ST INCR 2006

2ND INCR 2006

So it looks like you're reporting on July 9th.

brickwall

K/1 2004, ?/? 2006
dhorse500 said:
yeah superhornet im going srs first inc.

dhorse I'm trying to get into 1st increment...right now i'm slated for 2nd but i'm talking to my OSO to get srs 1st

AUMecep

For PLC SENIORS, know that this summer will be different than past OCS in that at least some PLC candidates will be put into the companies with NROTC and prior enlisted Marines. Last summer the first increment for NROTC/MECEP had a company average PFT of 282, so don't show up weak or you will be in the minority.

Raptor2216

KBayDog said:
This should be amended to "You'll get plenty of sleep at PLC Juniors."

Golf Co and PLC Seniors are completely different from PLC Jrs.

I got more sleep during seniors than I did during Jr's.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Umm Chicks, that already happened. I showed up this past summer and got off the Bus, walk to admin, hands on desk...G ...4! I told the Lcpl behind the desk if he would kindly check again cause I am PLC not NROTC. Then Lcpl said
"Its on the paper and the SSGT said this roster is GTG, so are you." So I was Golf/4 for the rest of the week til the night before pick up when the 10-15 other guys in Golf/4 who were PLC were scattered all over Echo. Those other PLC canidates in Golf 1-3 were there till we left brown field.
Semper Gumby

Doesn't matter what company your with, if you show up not ready[prepared] to train then you will be at the bottom of the pack in Charlie, Alpha, Golf, Echo, India...

livefast

I also got selected and will be there June 4--Candidate Ochs for those of you joining me. The best way to improve your PT is to workout with people who are in better shape than you and are more motivated than you are. I do PT with a club on my campus that's specifically for NROTC Marines (called Semper Fi Society, shockingly) and the results have been dramatic. This has also allowed me the opportunity to run in boots, run with a rifle, and practice fire team formations. I've also started getting up at 5 am for PT Monday-Thursday and have spent more time on making sure other aspects of my life are squared away.