• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCT. 2004 OCC Who's going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedalus

Is there usually more air or ground slots in any given class? Any gouge floating around out there? I was told 19 pullups 100 situps and 20:06 was compeditive right now.

trongod46

pilot
Hey Im glad to see people using this thread. Not sure on the amount of air to ground slots this October. Ive been picking up that it is not as good as it was last year for air contracts, but with all the b/s thats out there its hard to tell. Anybody in Orange County Cali outthere. Who is that up there working on there private pilot, I am also just starting my solo cross countries this week.

Riffle

Hi Trongod46. Good luck with your cross countries. Do you fly over the ocean? I just got the Private Pilot 03/14. Hey, have you been putting the Cessna through some 60 degree, 2G turns also? They make my head feel like oatmeal. I wonder how many Gs we can take w/o a suit. Hopefully we'll not find out untill school.

GTodd

Well my surgery is done!!!!!!! So I am aiming to go back in Oct. If I remember corectl the applications need to be in byJuly 4th. The bord met last year on Aug 5th so some time around there. Good luck all.

Tiffak

Greetings all! I am putting my App package together now for the Oct. class.

GTodd: That corresponds with what my OSO said. Board meets in early Aug, App send-off in July.

On the marineOcs board, word has it ground slots are still REAL competitve, Air slots are a little easier to get. There were also all kinds of rumors of closing off the summer class to men. However, new rumors abound that the summer class only admits around 100 new recruits and the Oct class will have 200. Anybody else heard this or can verify?

Tiffak

trongod46

pilot
The OSO that I workwith told me the same thing about the June class. He is only sending someone who did not gt picked in Jan. Said it was going to very competitive. Ill be shooting for Oct.

lucky1899

Hi guys

Hi guys, new to the website. I have been on marineocs.com for the past few months. I thought I would introduce myself. I am not prior service, just a plain old college grad wannabee marine officer. I originally was planning on applying for OCC186 ground, my OSO said my waiver wouldnt get signed off though because the class was so selective and small for males. So I am now aiming for OCC187. I sure hope 187 is much bigger than 186. I can't stand waiting, especially because I had my hopes up for june and now I have to wait until October.

Trongod- I am also in Orange County, California. Which OSO are you submitting with?

Status
Not open for further replies.