• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Program Preferences

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I only put down Pilot option. I was selected. So I don't think that it will look poorly on you. You are basically telling them. That is all that you want.:icon_smil Stick to your guns. It took me 3 years to get selected. But I am in college now, and loving it.

As you should be. Good to see you posting again...

AppleCello

4. If you turn down your second or third choice and reapply for your first choice you had better be able to articulate why you had the board waste time looking at you for the other options when you were not serious about them.

To reiterate this point, my recruiter told me that it doesn't HELP you in any way to turn down a selection in order to reapply for primary preference, but its not a deal breaker. A GOOD letter of explanation is probably key.

I had this happen where I applied SNA/SNFO and during the wait, talked with many people about my plans and made a decision that I would have to pass on NFO if recommended for it. I was selected NFO, of course, and followed through on my plan to respectfully decline and withdraw that application so that I could reapply as SNA only. I explained my reasons for doing this in a one page letter that drew on my application essay and other points, and was selected SNA next time around.

I think my point is that you should only apply for what you really want, whether is one or multiple options. That way, you will avoid having to go through the process a second time with even more to worry you. Though you're not at a loss if you decline one selection to apply for another. others have done it...