• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Official Photographs in Bay Area

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
Hey AWs, I've got a bunch of Os up here in the Oakland, California area that need Official Photographs since their reinstatement. Any gouge? I've heard the photo shop at Lemoore closed but I haven't called Monterey yet. And I know you can get reimbursed for a civilian to do it but I thought I would check around first.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey AWs, I've got a bunch of Os up here in the Oakland, California area that need Official Photographs since their reinstatement. Any gouge? I've heard the photo shop at Lemoore closed but I haven't called Monterey yet. And I know you can get reimbursed for a civilian to do it but I thought I would check around first.

Unless any of them are about to be up for a promotion board (read O-4), I wouldn't worry about going to any extreme lengths to get it done. Nobody is going to care until then, so if you're a bunch of O-1s, I'd wait until you get to a Navy base that can do it.

Brett

snake020

Contributor

Try the photo lab at Travis.

jmac12

I think Lemoore is going to open up again, or the base is setting something up so that everyone can get their pics taken. Just what are Admin O told us.

Goob83

None
I sent you a pm with the answer , but with technology and a little thought you guys can do it in your office like we did

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
I sent you a pm with the answer , but with technology and a little thought you guys can do it in your office like we did

Got your PM and I thought about doing it ourselves, too. Honestly, its not at the top of my list right now but I thought I would see if anyone had already figured it out rather than repeat the work.

Thanks to all.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Unless any of them are about to be up for a promotion board (read O-4), I wouldn't worry about going to any extreme lengths to get it done. Nobody is going to care until then, so if you're a bunch of O-1s, I'd wait until you get to a Navy base that can do it.

Brett

Navadmin 103/07 said:
2. MILPERSMAN 1070-180, REVISED APRIL 07, RE-ESTABLISHES THE REQUIREMENT FOR ALL OFFICERS TO SUBMIT COLOR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR INCLUSION IN THEIR OMPF. OFFICERS WHO DO NOT HAVE A PHOTOGRAPH IN THEIR CURRENT GRADE IN EMPRS MUST SUBMIT A PHOTOGRAPH BY 30 SEP 07.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Or else what? They're just going to have to update it when they make O-3 anyway, and nobody is going to look at their record until then. Somehow, I survived my first 9 commissioned years without one (requirement only went away for about a year). Unless their commands are pushing it, I'd blow it off (technique only :D).

Brett

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I assume that a NAVADMIN should be taken as a direct order to a group.

Sometimes I just can't understand why HC guys weren't excited about merging with HS.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Sometimes I just can't understand why HC guys weren't excited about merging with HS.

This isn't directed so much at Brett, since I think he already got my point.

I can't understand why any officer would get on a public message board and advocate disobeying an order.

Do I follow all the rules? No. Do I "suggest" to other people (officers and enlisted alike) that there are some orders/rules you can ignore? Perhaps. Do I broadcast it to the world by suggesting it would be okay to disobey an order on a public message board? No. (except for this particular post, although I am not admitting anything :icon_wink)

I don't think any one of us with wings, especially on active duty, should EVER make such suggestions on this forum. This forum is a source of information for everyone from middle school kids to enlisted Sailors and beyond. What message are we sending to them?

Yes, yes, I know all about illegal orders and such, I am only referring to legal orders.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
For what it is worth, I think Brett's point was accurate, and would even go so far as to say that the GS's at NPC would be more than happy not to spend their time putting JG photos in aviator's records when they will just need new ones long before anybody looks at their record.

Having said that, the reason I posted what I did was to imply that you were sounding like some of the more unkind stereotypes about HS folks. I'll let the community here weigh in on if I was being unfair or not.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
For what it is worth, I think Brett's point was accurate, and would even go so far as to say that the GS's at NPC would be more than happy not to spend their time putting JG photos in aviator's records when they will just need new ones long before anybody looks at their record.

Having said that, the reason I posted what I did was to imply that you were sounding like some of the more unkind stereotypes about HS folks. I'll let the community here weigh in on if I was being unfair or not.

I don't care if it is unfair or not (comparison of my comments to the negative HS stereotypes).

How can any Naval Officer, in good conscience, publicly advise that it is OK to disobey a legal order? If you think that's OK, I just don't know what to say.