• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Official Photographs in Bay Area

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This isn't directed so much at Brett, since I think he already got my point.

I can't understand why any officer would get on a public message board and advocate disobeying an order.

Do I follow all the rules? No. Do I "suggest" to other people (officers and enlisted alike) that there are some orders/rules you can ignore? Perhaps. Do I broadcast it to the world by suggesting it would be okay to disobey an order on a public message board? No. (except for this particular post, although I am not admitting anything :icon_wink)

I don't think any one of us with wings, especially on active duty, should EVER make such suggestions on this forum. This forum is a source of information for everyone from middle school kids to enlisted Sailors and beyond. What message are we sending to them?

Yes, yes, I know all about illegal orders and such, I am only referring to legal orders.

Lighten up, Francis. :rolleyes:

Brett

fudog50

Bottom line.....

If you don't get your picture took now, there must be a reason....???

We have a plan currently working to get all got ours done. So far 65% complete, and that is on an aircraft carrier (real navy) with 200 ships company officers onboard.

Lead,,,,follow or sit the f.... down....

Get your picture taken.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
First, they take away your birthday and then they send you to sea.....

Don't forget viewers, if you call now the above package comes free with a bad haircut!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Bottom line.....

If you don't get your picture took now, there must be a reason....???

We have a plan currently working to get all got ours done. So far 65% complete, and that is on an aircraft carrier (real navy) with 200 ships company officers onboard.

Lead,,,,follow or sit the f.... down....

Get your picture taken.
That would be on a carrier that has its own photo shop and the PHs to run it? Piece of cake then.

BTW - When viewing the photo, the promotion board members could always tell which guys were laying on the deck with the photo taken from above to try and make them look skinnier. The best method was saran wrap from the top of the hips to the arm pits. If you got along with your PH, he knew how to wrap you so it didn't show (....not that I ever did this.......)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That would be on a carrier that has its own photo shop and the PHs to run it? Piece of cake then.

BTW - When viewing the photo, the promotion board members could always tell which guys were laying on the deck with the photo taken from above to try and make them look skinnier. The best method was saran wrap from the top of the hips to the arm pits. If you got along with your PH, he knew how to wrap you so it didn't show (....not that I ever did this.......)

Seriously? Did people really do that?

Brett

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Seriously? Did people really do that?

Brett
Oh yeah, all the time. During their road shows, the detailers were continously saying how important the picture was to promotion and screening boards. Even the most athletic guys did all the could to ensure the best possible picture. There were officers that should have gotten stars based on their performance, flying and leadership that instead got passed over because they had a little to much tummy (despite being well within body fat or height/weight limits).

Hell until this thread came up, I didn't even know the pictures had gone away. There were still required when I retired in 1998.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh yeah, all the time. During their road shows, the detailers were continously saying how important the picture was to promotion and screening boards. Even the most athletic guys did all the could to ensure the best possible picture. There were officers that should have gotten stars based on their performance, flying and leadership that instead got passed over because they had a little to much tummy (despite being well within body fat or height/weight limits).

Hell until this thread came up, I didn't even know the pictures had gone away. There were still required when I retired in 1998.

Yeah, they deleted the requirement recently, then after about a year, they reinstated it. Nice work, BUPERS. :rolleyes:

Brett