• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oh ****! Fell off my motorcycle yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
you gotta love the Marine Corps ... it sponsers events like the X Games & a car in NASCAR, it actively recruits hard charge'n & risk take'n individuals, it has commercials on TV of men fighting monsters & rock climbing huge gorges as they turn into a Marine, but it'll punish the hell out of you if you hurt yourself doing anything "extreme"

humorous

S/F

CTE83

yes, I was totally sold the first time I saw a Marine on the TV slaying a dragon. :confused:

Cheesy commercials aside though, the Marine Corps definitely has that warrior ethos and "promise of adventure" a lot of people find attractive.

SMILE4BULLETS

sorry, im hijackin this thread for a minute....but speaking of recruiting commercials. Next time you see the Marine climbing the rock and transforming into an NCO, pay close attention to his sword manual when the Marine goes from order to carry. It looks so crisp (I mean this guy just sticks it) because they used a little hocus pocus...they reversed the footage of him going from carry to order. you can tell if you pay close attention. just thought some of yall would find this interesting. Motivating nonetheless though.

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
wut skeletons? I like the dragon slaying one. that has to be my favorite, but i don't remember any skeletons. Is there a website out there with all of the Marine Corps commercials. BTW the rock climbing commercial is the the first time they used an Enlisted Marine rather than an Officer. I also heard that he died in Iraq.

Malice 1

pilot
I miss the old adds. I'm sure some USMC nerd is hosting them in the cavernous confines of the internet. Someone should look for them.

As for being dangerous-

I have been paranoid about doing crap like you did as of late. I am giving my 2 weeks notice tommorrow at my current job as a construction worker. I am on my hands and knees all day, and my knees are pretty banged up. I can't comfortably run any distance anymore. I am gonna take a pud job and spend my days PTing to get back into good shape for TBS. I am not gonna quit drag racing though.

aircontractNY

Colegrove Aviation Media
Hehe good to hear. I'm on the ankle now, but I'm still laying around with it iced and elevated to make the swelling go down. I still have 14 days and I'm sure it will get there.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
The marine who is in the commercial is from 8th and I, it no smoke and mirrors. He's just that dam good. ( was my battle buddy on many military pr trips) I am former US Army honor guard an we served together on many a Joint color guard cermonies.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
JDawg2332 said:
BTW the rock climbing commercial is the the first time they used an Enlisted Marine rather than an Officer. I also heard that he died in Iraq.

I'd like to formally raise the bull**** flag. Please don't spread this rumor.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Taxman2A said:
I'd like to formally raise the bull**** flag. Please don't spread this rumor.
Concur. I'm placing my money on paid actors vice actual Marines.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.