• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

One-Quarter of P-3s Grounded

IRfly

None
It is poking fun at the recent grounding of a large percentage of the F-15C fleet due to longeron cracking, and the resultant conspiracy theorists who claim it was all a play to get the AF to buy more Raptors.

Don't a few of those conspiracy theorists work in the Pentagon? :)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, I don't think it's a conspiracy...the damn ANG plane did fall apart in mid-air. The AF does know how to make use of these things better than the Navy, though. AF planes fall apart, they ask for several bazillion bucks to buy Raptors. Navy planes fall apart, we ask for $4 for some more duct tape (and then that gets turned down because we're buying the fancy duct tape).

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Navy planes fall apart, we ask for $4 for some more duct tape (and then that gets turned down because we're buying the fancy duct tape).

I know you're sort of kidding, but how does the AF do that, and why can't we? I have never quite understood exactly how or why the AF has had a stranglehold on funding.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
I know you're sort of kidding, but how does the AF do that, and why can't we? I have never quite understood exactly how or why the AF has had a stranglehold on funding.

I was talking to my dad about this the other day...

The way he put it: "Basically the Navy takes for example me a ship driver, puts them in this staff job where over a 3 year tour have to become good at dealing with the budget process and being able to work the system with congress and requesting and securing funds, while the Air Force has people in the Pentagon for their careers, so they know the system in and out and how to secure the funds. You can't compete with that."

He swore he would never go back to the Pentagon again, and he never did.