• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3 and F/A-18

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
TurnandBurn55 said:
Already been ixnayed by Jax.

How can a city or a base (which Jax are you referring too?) nix the move of a federal base? That would be the federal government that would make that decision.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flash said:
How can a city or a base (which Jax are you referring too?) nix the move of a federal base? That would be the federal government that would make that decision.
Obviously in the big picture, it can't, but in this case when the various cities were competing for the Navy's "business," by offering to sweeten the deal, a withdrawal from that process essentially takes it out of the running.

Brett

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Obviously in the big picture, it can't, but in this case when the various cities were competing for the Navy's "business," by offering to sweeten the deal, a withdrawal from that process essentially takes it out of the running.

Brett

Jax can't exactly nix a base that is not in their city limits. Even though Jax is the biggest US city by area I doubt that even that doesn't cover Cecil Field. Basically, from my understanding with what TurnandBurn said, is that Jax nixed the move from NAS Jax to Cecil, which they can't do. That is what I was raising the BS flag. Almost every town/city/state except San Fransisco tries to keep their military bases and a city saying "no, you can't move" is not really going to cut it. TurnandBurn, please correct me if I am wrong.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flash said:
Jax can't exactly nix a base that is not in their city limits. Even though Jax is the biggest US city by area I doubt that even that doesn't cover Cecil Field. Basically, from my understanding with what TurnandBurn said, is that Jax nixed the move from NAS Jax to Cecil, which they can't do. That is what I was raising the BS flag. Almost every town/city/state except San Fransisco tries to keep their military bases and a city saying "no, you can't move" is not really going to cut it. TurnandBurn, please correct me if I am wrong.
Actually, Cecil is well within the city limits (which includes all of Duval Co.), which start about halfway to the prison (Old Sparkie) if memory serves. Anyhow, if you read some of the material that's been floating around, you'll see (and agree with) what I'm talking about.

Brett