• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Palin in Pcola

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone else see Palin's speech at the Civic Center? I thought she did a decent job, especially with the health care and economic points. The speech wasn't anything amazing, but she didn't stick her foot in her mouth.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I think she did an outstanding job. But let me tell you I was pleased to see Col. Bud Day there. Especially since I got to see him real close. She did a bang up job and really got her points across well. Got in touch with the people there on a personal level.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
I think she did an outstanding job. But let me tell you I was pleased to see Col. Bud Day there. Especially since I got to see him real close. She did a bang up job and really got her points across well. Got in touch with the people there on a personal level.

"Well, she didn't say anything highly ignorant of sense and didn't make herself look like a *complete* idiot, so all and all I think she did AMAZING"!

Should we really applaud a candidate for their mediocrity? Timmy got a D instead of an F, here's a gold star Timmy!

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
"Well, she didn't say anything highly ignorant of sense and didn't make herself look like a *complete* idiot, so all and all I think she did AMAZING"!

Should we really applaud a candidate for their mediocrity? Timmy got a D instead of an F, here's a gold star Timmy!

Were you there? If not...then proceed to STFU.

CommodoreMid

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I actually didn't like his talk too much- he was a huge demagogue. The part where he suggested we imprison some of the Democrats if McCain wins really creeped me out. Biden said the same thing effectively a little while ago and I don't like the idea that we should become a third world country that punishes political enemies after elections. I have a ton of respect for who he is and what he did, but I thought he was kind of out of line.

CommodoreMid

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Um, that's not what I said at all. I wasn't expecting her to look like an idiot; all I said was she wasn't a shining beacon of light who said something completely amazing and revolutionary nor did she say something stupid. She gave a decent stump speech to a group of supporters.

Were you there? If not...then proceed to STFU.

Don't worry M0t, I'm sure someone needs their ass kicked in this forum:
http://forums.geeksquadcentral.com/login.php
andrev_nerd.jpg

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I was at the airport dropping my girlfriend off and saw a whole bunch of "Mccain/Palin" pins being worn only to have Sarah Palin come through the airport to get a private jet. It was only on the drive back that I was like "what the hell just happened"...

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
YOU are "out of line"

Demagogue - a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular passions and prejudices

Col. Bud Day is no demagogue he is a Medal of Honor recipient and prob the most decorated military member since WWII.

If you're offended by a Medal of Honor recipient for being who he is you're in for a rude awakening when a Chief or a Gunny - god help you - gets a hold of your ass. A Medal of Honor recipient can say whatever he or she wants whenever he or she wants to and it will never be over the line - they earned it.

Word of advice, pick and choose your battles with wisdom.
Easy, dude. Heroism should be admired and respected, but it is not a free pass from criticism. You should use the actual facts of what he said to defend him, not his status as a Medal of Honor recipient.

Col Day is an outstanding American who has done remarkable things, but he is still a human being and does not need your worship.