• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Palin in Pcola

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Easy, dude. Heroism should be admired and respected, but it is not a free pass from criticism. You should use the actual facts of what he said to defend him, not his status as a Medal of Honor recipient.

Col Day is an outstanding American who has done remarkable things, but he is still a human being and does not need your worship.

ok ok I was a little worked up. I have just seen some of this recently, personally so it hit close. Apologize.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
You need only look at Smedley Butler to recognize that heroism in war is not a political credential.

I am frankly unimpressed with how conservatives hold up the military like we are infallible, and try to point to purported (MilitaryTimes Poll) evidence that the military is pro-McCain as evidence that he is a better candidate.

Frankly, my opinion is worth no more than your average civilian.

SkywardET

Contrarian
Frankly, my opinion is worth no more than your average civilian.
Partially true. Your opinion is, on balance, going to be about significantly more informed on many issues. However, the inverse can be true as well.

Any given citizen that works directly in a field of national importance will have a similar boost in knowledge about the field of their vocation. It's the people with basically useless professions that possess opinions worth no more than your average citizen.