• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PCU NEW YORK arrives in NYC for commissioning

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
articleLarge.jpg

LPD-21 arrived in NYC today for a Saturday commissioning.

The Navy screws up "tributes" and the naming of ships so often, it's kinda nice when we get things right. Hopefully Somerset and Arlington will get similar attention.

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
Fantastic, very exciting. It's open to the public a few day so definitely going to check it out!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
These modern ships are looking pretty sweet. What's that new Catamaran that's on the horizon? I hear it does like 60kts and actually has to SLOW down to recover helos?

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Thats LCS 2, one of the competing boondoggles, I mean visions, for LCS. LCS 1, the Freedom, is another. Both go quite fast. To what end, no one can say, but hey - FAST!

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
the boat has nice lines....
I think it's a fucking travesty that a gator boat costs $2 billion dollars. ReCockulous!

jtmedli

pilot
the boat has nice lines....
I think it's a fucking travesty that a gator boat costs $2 billion dollars. ReCockulous!

You know I heard that figure on the news and was wondering why so much? Isn't 2B what the new Super-Carriers cost?