• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola Area OLF options (Saufley reopening soon?)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
That must have been a tough day for you......I remember missing a question on our CC course rules test, and I have never forgiven myself.....:p

You have to know course rules to get in and out of NASCC? huh...? can't you just ask the observer where the hell we're supposed to go next?

must be a t-34 thing. :icon_wink

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Is the short break back?

It is back. I requested it the first morning that the new FWOP was in effect.

I did my first solo out at Saufley. I wasn't scared of the course rules, and I thought the history behind that airfield (and Barin for that matter) is pretty sweet.

The "master plan" that I saw on paper for OLF's was part of the T-6 Times that they publish every so often to tell us how far behind they are with the T-6. It mentioned lengthening Barin and Summerdale (to 5K and 4K respectively) in area 1 and Evergreen (to 5K) in A2, but nothing about Saufley. Saufley is NOTAMED as opened for scheduled operations with a number to call if you want to schedule it. I don't know if anyone has taken them up on that yet. The runways out there are all F'd up, and about half of the runway length out there is painted as displaced thresholds. Besides, I think we have to drive to RDO out there.
Did I mention that we are supposed to be getting paid mileage to go to Brewton now? Too bad I am on the FDO train.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It is back. I requested it the first morning that the new FWOP was in effect.

Good. I knew Vapor would fix that, and quickly.

Did I mention that we are supposed to be getting paid mileage to go to Brewton now? Too bad I am on the FDO train.

Finally. That's a good thing. The paid part, not the FDO part. Although at least your duty is air conditioned and doesn't require hearing protection to stand (or so I heard).