• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Photos from Tsunami Relief Ops - 05

Check Six

The post below about HSL47 ops in Indonesia got me thinking so I went back through my files and picked out some of my pics from my time there. I spent a total of a month in Banda Aceh, Indonesia and Khao Lak, Thailand. Here are some pics.

61388tsu0094_RJ-med.jpg

61388tsu0089_RJ-med.jpg

61388tsu0086_RJ-med.jpg

61388tsu0085_RJ-med.jpg

61388tsu0084_RJ-med.jpg

Check Six

61388tsu0028_RJ-med.jpg

61388tsu0027_RJ-med.jpg

61388tsu0026_RJ-med.jpg

61388tsu0024_RJ-med.jpg

61388tsu0023_RJ-med.jpg

** This tower in the above photo was right down on the waters edge in Banda Aceh and had a ball sitting on top of it. The Tsunami knocked the ball off the top. You can see the size of it by the two guys standing at the base.

MasterBates

The devastation is just unbelievable to see.

Katrina in New Orleans don't hold a candle to that. Regardless of what Mayor Nagin says.

schwarti

Contributor
Thanks, Ned. Great shots, and it's sobering to see the scale of the destruction - and the scale of the rescue operations.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I remember all that very well and the devastation. My det flew non stop for 30 days in support of it. Just crazy when I flew low over those areas.