• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Photos from Tsunami Relief Ops - 05

East

东部
Contributor
No words

I am speechless.
Thanx for sharing and thanx for the effort that all of you guys put in these humanitarian mission(s)...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
First time I saw the Eastern side of Indonesia, where the tsunami had hit, I was in awe. I flew about 500' over what used to be a town with 7000 or so people. It looked to me like the pics I've seen of Hiroshima and Nagasaki after the A-bomb. Everything was just leveled.

Check Six

Bunk - That would have been Chalang, population used to be about 6300, after the Tsunami it was about 400. Thats where we landed with the white Puma and offloaded supplies.

For those that are wondering all the white concrete squares in the images are actually foundations of what used to be houses. The one with the mosque in the middle of the pic is the only building left standing in that village, every person and other structure was destroyed - except for the mosque.